eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyers Check your Address

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buyers Check your Address

If you buy items online and use for example PayPal it may be a good idea to check that the address you have given to eBid is the same address you have on PayPal, it is quite common for people who use PayPay to have a confirmed address and for reasons that are mentioned on the PayPal site their advice to sellers is only to send items to the confirmed address. A seller may not always notice the eBid address is not the same one as the PayPal address and they may use the PayPal address as the default address

SO REMEMBER CHECK YOUR ADDRESS AND HAVE A SMOOTH EASY TRANSACTION

謝謝
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Default Re: Buyers Check your Address

I have come across this many times - I do check the PayPal and eBid addresses after they have paid - I send an email asking them which address they want their goods sent to.... usually I get a thank you / have just moved / could you send parcel to work etc....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I have come across this many times - I do check the PayPal and eBid addresses after they have paid - I send an email asking them which address they want their goods sent to.... usually I get a thank you / have just moved / could you send parcel to work etc....
    That's exactly what I do Carnoustie...When I come across two different addresses I send an email to confirm and not send the package until I hear from them.

As a side note to this topic, when I've had buyers wanting me to send to a different address, such as a gift, I will do that but only after confirmation via the After Auction Log (AAL)...never just a private email back and forth. That way I've got it "on record" that that's what the buyers wishes were...

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sure 99% of the time or more, #2 and #3 are things many of us would do, but from time to time life can have a whole bucket full of events and pressures that may cause one to trust in the confirmed address and sadly not double check

你喜歡熊還是猴
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent reminder.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I made a sale on another site, checked the address on PP and site and it was the same. I copied and pasted the address and tried to print the Priority mail label on USPS and it said there was no such address. I sent message to the buyer who restated her address with the comment that she had lived there 5 years and it was right. Sure enough the one she responded with was right but the earlier one had 2 letters transposed in the street name.

She never left feedback or said she received the items. Don't know if she was ashamed to "face" me after her attack or what. I just suggested she should make the proper changes, very sweetly for the way I was feeling.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I made a sale on another site, checked the address on PP and site and it was the same. I copied and pasted the address and tried to print the Priority mail label on USPS and it said there was no such address. I sent message to the buyer who restated her address with the comment that she had lived there 5 years and it was right. Sure enough the one she responded with was right but the earlier one had 2 letters transposed in the street name.

She never left feedback or said she received the items. Don't know if she was ashamed to "face" me after her attack or what. I just suggested she should make the proper changes, very sweetly for the way I was feeling.
    Well handled.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to totally agree with this, and for buyers to give the correct address as well, on the other side I have had several buyers who only give thier name and the street (no house name or number) which delays things while I PM them to find out the rest of the address, or who give a different address, complain the item never arrived, and then admit that the address they gave is fake to be secure online and somehow you should know this ????!!!!!!!!!!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

which delays things while I PM them to find out the rest of the address
    When you say "PM them" you mean email them I assume. On the sold listing page, way down toward the bottom you can find the buyers email address which is what I use to contact...just FYI for new sellers to our site!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Usualy I try the internal messaging first - then in case of further botheration its all on record. If nothing then I use the email.

Thread Information