Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How do I resolve an unfair negative?

Default How do I resolve an unfair negative?

Hi all

Just received a negative on my account. The persons item has not arrived which is fair enough. However I never received any emails from them stating the case. When sending the item I was presented with 2 addresses (1 on here and a different one on paypal). When I tried contacting the person about which was the right address I never received a response.

I shall obviously refund the full amount via paypal but was wondering how to address the negative mark in the mean time.

Ric

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How do I resolve an unfair negative?

Send an email to support@ebid.net

Give them the auction ID number, explain what happened, and they'll remove the feedback

Don't forget to put a claim in with Royal Mail

If a buyer doesnt receive the item purchased, they are entitled to leave a negative.

Just the way things are.

Just put your case forward in the response to the negative.

Personally I dont think ebid should remove the neg

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    Hi all

Just received a negative on my account. The persons item has not arrived which is fair enough. However I never received any emails from them stating the case. When sending the item I was presented with 2 addresses (1 on here and a different one on paypal). When I tried contacting the person about which was the right address I never received a response.

I shall obviously refund the full amount via paypal but was wondering how to address the negative mark in the mean time.

Ric
    Personally I would have never shipped item without a clarification of the correct address. I had a buyer recently that had 2 addresses (1 here, 1 PP). Fortunately, the buyer responded to me asking for the correct shipping address and their PP address was the correct one.....they have since updated their address on this site. But if they had not responded I would have refunded their money for lack of response on their correct address. I know this does not help you now, but you might think about taking this approach in the future.

As for the feedback left for you, I would just follow up with something like, shipped package to buyer's address [whichever one you used..PP or eBid] but apparently lost in mail, refund issued to buyer.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    If a buyer doesnt receive the item purchased, they are entitled to leave a negative.

Just the way things are.

Agreed. I don't like to see ebid removing negatives that the buyers had every right to leave, even if they could have done more to bring about a happy ending. That isn't really their job. If the seller leaves a calm explanatory response there's no reason why just one neg should put people off, but prospective buyers *are* entitled to know that the seller hasn't always managed to make a successful delivery. As long as there's no trail of them, it's no biggy.

Forum Lurker
    View plantsfish's Feedback (+199)
    All-About plantsfish
    View plantsfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you have tracking info Paypal will side with you and not refund the money to the buyer most likely.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post

Just the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Agreed. I don't like to see ebid removing negatives that the buyers had every right to leave, even if they could have done more to bring about a happy ending. That isn't really their job. If the seller leaves a calm explanatory response there's no reason why just one neg should put people off, but prospective buyers *are* entitled to know that the seller hasn't always managed to make a successful delivery. As long as there's no trail of them, it's no biggy.
    Have to disagree with that.They're not entitled to leave a neg' unless there is evidence to show the seller was at fault.
    Obviously they have that prerogative to leave it but, if the postal service has "mislaid" the item,why should the seller be left with detrimental feedback for something they have no control over?
    Fair enough if they ignore the situation & do nothing to resolve it.In this case it seems the seller didn't get the chance.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Have to disagree with that.They're not entitled to leave a neg' unless there is evidence to show the seller was at fault.
    Obviously they have that prerogative to leave it but, if the postal service has "mislaid" the item,why should the seller be left with detrimental feedback for something they have no control over?
    Fair enough if they ignore the situation & do nothing to resolve it.In this case it seems the seller didn't get the chance.
    Of course without speaking to the buyer we have no idea if they tried to contact the seller and the emails got lost or junked.

The seller could post a reply to any "goods not received" negatives explaining the problem
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

ANY buyer is entitled to leave ANY feedback they deem necessary.

If a buyer is unhappy about any part of the transaction, they are free to leave negative fb.

THe seller has their chance to respond to it.

Am not saying the seller is at fault if the postal service mislay an item - but the buyer is still entitled to leave the negative feedback - and explain in response that postal service mislaid it so it was not their fault.

If a buyer fails to communicate with the seller about any problems, then the seller has a similar reason for leaving non-positive feedback they want - eg - bad communications etc etc.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 28th January 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Since entitlement and prerogative are much the same thing, I assume you must be trying to draw a very, very fine line there - and one I don't appear to agree with. Each party is entitled to leave feedback which accurately and honestly reflects their perception of how the deal went. In this case the buyer appears unhappy about not receiving their items, and the seller thinks they didn't do enough to inform them that there was a problem. I can see why both parties are unhappy, and both have the right to leave feedback that reflects that. That's their prerogative. If either party's feedback were removed simply because the other person didn't think it fair, in this situation (from what we know of it) that seems unreasonable to me. eBid does, alas, have a slight history of removing negative feedback on a simple request from whoever asks first though, so it may well be done for them. I don't have to agree with that policy.

Thread Information