My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Invoicing glitch

Default Invoicing glitch

Hello, A UK customer made a purchase this afternoon. The payment came through for the list price only and did not include the postage charge. I refunded the PayPal payment back to my customer and then tried to invoice the customer on the eBid system so that the correct payment could be made. The eBid system did not show the postage on the invoice and there was no facility for me to input the postage manually into the postage field on the invoice. The postage charge should have come through to the invoice automatically from the listing details but did not. As I could not send an eBid invoice, I have had to send my customer a request for payment from the PayPal system which does not look so good. I think that the transaction reference is 30175721. If I have encountered this glitch then other eBid members might also come across it in the future and it would be appreciated it if somebody at eBid could check this out. Thank you. Best Wishes, Robert

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there Robert , not much help i know , but it was ok on Monday....perhaps it was the shock of me selling something ???...papa.

Hi Robert,
    I see one problem with your present listings, no shipping costs at all, they are listed as zero, but the listing have the amount specified in the description. You might want to check your setup and see why even your domestic shipping is listed as zero.

My invoices seem ok, I made one out yesterday and worked just fine.

Let us know what happened.

Hi

I've had a look at your auctions and the one at the very top has 0.00 listed as the postage. Just sold some items now and the invoicing was working fine.

Ric

I raised this posting so that somebody from eBid could have a look at the listing in question but thank you also to other people who have made comment. The following listings have zero postage as they are for collection only due to size or fragility – Renault Dauphine door, Austin Metro door, Mercedes inner wing, Mazda roof lining, Renault panel and Alfa Romeo fuel pipes. All my other listings are for posting out and have UK postage on them. The eBid system will not allow UK listings to be completed until an option in the postage field has been ticked for either postage type or collection only. I would be a bit puzzled if any of my listings which are for posting out and which were listed with UK postage are now coming up with zero postage – although this might be connected with the glitch. If any of the people who have made comments could give me the listing numbers of items to be posted out which have zero UK postage showing when they browse the listings, it would be much appreciated. I do not give overseas postage in my listings but ask overseas buyers to enquire about overseas postage before buying which will result in there being no overseas postage costs showing. I am sure that Papa did not break the system! Thank you.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

good morning Robert , I have just had a good look at your listings , and all have a postage price on them , with the exception of the collect in person items....all looks ok to me.....best of luck ........... Papa.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whilst your buyer seems to have a location in Cheltenham he appears to be registered on North American eBid (NA). As you have Airmail set to nil I suspect the system has got confused as to his location and charged him the Airmail rate. You need to contact Admin as I think the problem is how the buyer is registered and not your listing. Tony

Thank you Papa and bunsock. My buyer’s delivery address on the eBid and Paypal systems is in the UK, so not sure why he is registered in North America. I never thought to check that but it is probably the cause of the problem of the UK postage cost not feeding through from the listing details. I will send a message of to eBid support about that. There remains though the issue of why I could not adjust the postage manually on the invoice. There have been many Forum posts requesting this functionality in the past. I presume it is still not possible to do this but will ask eBid support about this also. Anyway, thank you for spending some time trying to help. Best Wishes, Robert

Thread Information