eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow I got an azmazing number of views yesterday

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@iwi60

I get your comments on the xxx recesssion, depression.

You would not believe it but we spent 18 months on our product designing and tooling up etc, and we picked up our first production run just about the day Lehman Brothers collapsed !

Here in New Zealand our banks did not crash like in many other countries as they were not allowed to make sub prime loans, but we had our own problems with most of our private finance companies collapsing, and people lost millions. And our housing market got carried away and has slowed down.

And of course we rely on exports and the whole world is in a recession, except China and India and Brazil.

A lot of people tell me they would like to buy an Adkaf, but they don't have the cash. So I do wonder if our sales would have been much better if there had been no depression.

It all depends on needs and wants and your own relative financial circumstances and job or lack of job or job security. There are still many rich people around. But do they shop on ebid ?

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Hi Julie..that's great on your big number of viewings! Woo-hoo! As for not buying or asking questions...who knows, eh? I'm attributing the general slow-down to this blasted recession...oops, did I say recession? I meant DEpression!LOL Don't know what news you guys get in NZ or the UK, but here in the US, trust me...we're in the pits. Afraid people just don't have that extra cash to buy goodies right now....sigh....

Best of luck to you!
    You were right the first time--recession or maybe we need a new name re-de-pression.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Julie, are these usable in vehicles. Maybe if there was a picture of the bottom it would help.

I'm considering them for Christmas presents but most of my family are self employed and on the go!

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

@youmeus

Yes they are.
    We have had a few people buy them for their rv and suv vehicles.
    The bottom has a small gap from the bottom of the sides. That was to make them stackable. It is about 2mm.
    If you get some self adhesive velcro it works great, even on boats !
    If you interested I can post a pic of the underneath

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

And the sad thing about the recession -re-recession- depression is that it is not going to get any better for at least 2 years imho.
    Not until firms start employing people again, and unemployment starts tracking down in a big way.

So in the meantime we have to do our best.

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Regarding the high views Julie, I think it's down to items being listed on Google shopping. My views on items on Ebid are 10 - 20 times higher than the same items on other auction sites, yet the sale percentage on Ebid is very low compared to others. Which is a shame as Ebid is by far the best auction site.

I put it down to people seeing the item on Google shopping, clicking the link but then are not an Ebid member and do not want the hassle of signing up.
    I think Ebid sales would go through the roof for everyone if Ebid had a 'quick buy' button where anyone could buy providing they had a valid Paypal, Google shopping or bank account.
    I don't think it would make it any riskier for sellers as I sell my items from my own website using Paypal and have never had a single problem.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Hi Kev

Can we add a quick buy button to our listings ?

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unfortunately I think Ebid would have to do that Julie, but it might be worth asking them.
    I guess their only concern would be whether they are protected if they start having Buyers who are not members of Ebid.
    i.e. If a buyer purchases an item and a problem happens, where would Ebid stand with the transaction!

Although in saying that I've used Paypal for years on my own website and never had a problem with a buyer. So I think a 'Quick buy' button would increase sales for everyone on Ebid.
    And if buyers start to find bargains and see how easy it is to buy from Ebid members then I suspect a lot of them will join up anyway.
    I just think it would be a good way to increase sales and promote Ebid a lot more.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you're right in that people don't have money to spend and what they do have they'd rater spend on cheap imports that sort of do the job.
    I'm probably about to commit commercial suicide but I've just arranged to stock (and in some cases have specially made) tools from England,Germany and the US.I did car boots and Sunday markets for years and have sold enough Chinese stuff in the past but I've decided to buch the trend and stock quality gear made to better standards in factories that don't pollute and with people on more sensible wages.
    The price probably means I'll fall flat on my face but at least I'll have had fun in the meanwhile.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I think you're right in that people don't have money to spend and what they do have they'd rater spend on cheap imports that sort of do the job.
    I'm probably about to commit commercial suicide but I've just arranged to stock (and in some cases have specially made) tools from England,Germany and the US.I did car boots and Sunday markets for years and have sold enough Chinese stuff in the past but I've decided to buch the trend and stock quality gear made to better standards in factories that don't pollute and with people on more sensible wages.
    The price probably means I'll fall flat on my face but at least I'll have had fun in the meanwhile.
    Bravo, and good luck!

Thread Information