eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should or should not upload my feedback from that other site?

Smile should or should not upload my feedback from that other site?

i would like opinions transferring my feedback score, since i am just shy of making 2,000 on that other site onto here?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You may get opinions but they will not agree. It is a personal choice as to whether to do it or not.

It may be nice to get your feedback going but if you already have a few gained on here I think it becomes irrelevant.

Not sure if this helps, but I imported mine using the correct import procedure and have mine accessible via Repatoo. After a while, I contacted eBid support and asked them to remove the import as I wanted to keep my eBid feedback separate. As a seller & buyer on eBid I thought it was unfair to display such a high feedback total that wasn't gained on eBid's merits ......... if that makes sense. Luckily eBid support were kind enough to help me, so now my displayed feedback is genuine eBid and not imported although I do still have my other feedback available for view via Repatoo.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

I was gonna import my 2600 from feebay but in the process something went wrong and it didn't go through then I just decided to start fresh and see how many I would get on my own here.

After being here for 3 months and looking at different sellers feedback it makes you wanna think hey did they really sell that many here on ebid and chances are that they didn't.

The problem is that buyers tend to not leave you feedback; the 1 and only fb I have is from a seller I purchased from ... I should have a total of 4 +.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whenever I voice this opinion somebody gets upset and takes it personally, but what the heck, I've been asked... I don't like imported feedback. I think it looks "dodgy" when the potential buyer goes to check the remarks and sees nothing useful, just a load of identical remarks about loading it from elsewhere. I think it makes buyers wonder why the seller did that. Where did it come from? How good is the authentication... was it even their own feedback they imported? I think it raises more flags than it reassures.

If you click on someones fedback it shows the Ebid ones separate from the imported.

Mine is all from Ebid but i do understand that someone with nil on here wants buyers to see that they have a good selling record on other sites.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you want to sell import it! Who cares what other sellers think.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

it is your feedback....import it if you want to ....would you leave a good CV if you were trying for a new job ?....if importing was a serious issue , then eBid would not allow it...so they seem to think it is ok.....there is a real difference of opinion on this issue but it is up to each user......yes or no ...make up your own mind....plain and simple......papa.

The feebay feedback system is corrupt, and does not measure professionalism of buyers or sellers. If sellers can't issue negs to nonpayers, even bad buyers have 100%. Terrific. Until a few years ago, seller's negs could be reversed by paying $30 fee to "negotiator", and it was always removed after an "investigation". Great for the big boys/girls, eh?

If new ebid sellers chose to bring it over, they should be upfront about it on their about seller page and in their listings. If they have nothing to hide (non paying etc), then they should admit that XXXX is from "another site" and X or O is from ebid. Tell everyone your expertise, and don't make it a big adverisement for feebay just because you chose to carry the FB over.

Whether you add it or not, be aware that people will look and see that it is not from ebid. I believe it is best to drop all things feebay and start fresh. Proof positive is that those who do (stop running feebay style listings, follow tips on forums, etc) start to sell here fast and quickly build their ebid feedbacks. That is the real goal.

Thread Information