Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Will auction sites be forced to act from now on?

Default Will auction sites be forced to act from now on?

I've just read this story.

Britain and China have signed a copyright agreement. With all the fakes and stuff coming out of China (There's 1000's listed on eBay alone) it could have quite an impact if it is policed and enforced. Or maybe it's just a political token gesture?, I'm sure we'll see.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

theyll neva enforce it.................just atuva way to scare the consumer
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    theyll neva enforce it.................just atuva way to scare the consumer
    Depending on the agreement content it should give the manufacturers a better chance of doing something about all the fake stuff.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

How are they going to prove it's fake?

When a lot of the designers are now having their goods made in China?

And also selling in TK Maxx now.

Seems they have shot themselves in the foot.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...
    You can't Buy and Sell Designer Clothing,
    Handbags & Shoes from China! Period!
    Another commonly used trap – designer clothing, handbags & shoes. What can I say – there's no such a thing. End of the story. You can't buy Gucci handbags from China for $40 a piece. You can't buy Nike sports shoes from China for $30 a pair. You can't buy Lacoste polo shirts from China for $10 a piece. You simply can't, and there's no such a thing!
    Ohh, sorry – yes, you can buy all those products, with shiny labels but they’ll all be FAKE! Fake! Fake! Fake! And selling counterfeit goods means – possible legal actions against the seller. I'm sure you wouldn’t want to be jailed or pay a huge fine for embarking on such a venture.
    Designer clothing, handbags & shoes can only be sourced from official distributors, wholesalers or directly from the brand’s owner.

You Can't Buy or Sell DVD Box Sets from Asia! Period!
    There are dozens of websites and hundreds if not thousands of individual sellers on any Auction sites offering DVD Box Sets dirt cheap. They say - it's an official Asian release, that's why the price tag is so low. Let me tell you this – there's no such a thing as so called “Asian Imports” in the DVD box set market.
    Yes, there are DVDs produced only for China but you won't find any English writing on the box, neither and English audio track inside the movie. And they are available only in China, only for the local market. So called “Asian Imports” are counterfeit DVD copies, illegal to buy and sell anywhere in western World.
    Just forget about buying DVD Box Sets from China and you'll save yourself a lot of troubles!

You can't Buy or Sell Branded Electronics
    from China! Period!
    Do you know why scammers are so successful? Because they can read your mind. OK, maybe not exactly BUT they know what the majority of people are looking for, hence so many scammer websites are filled with the top most wanted items. Chinese scammers know that you want Apple iPhones, Sony Play Stations, Xbox video consoles, Nokia mobile phones, Gucci handbags and similar products.
    The thing is – you can't buy any of these products from China! Forget about it! The Asian scammers just take the advantage of the fact that these products are INDEED being manufactured in China. They'll tell you that everything these days comes from China, hence they can offer you lowest possible price.
    While it's true that most of the stuff these days is manufactured in China & other Asian countries, it doesn't mean YOU can get those products directly from those countries. Companies who have factories in China have very strict contracts; they won't allow a single phone to be sold locally without their acknowledgement. While the manufacturing is taking place locally, distribution is handled in a totally different way.

So what can you buy from China? There are thousands of products YOU CAN buy directly from China, avoiding the local wholesale markup. Products you may consider:
    Clothing (obviously not the designer ones)
    Pet supplies
    Toys
    Un-branded electronics
    Raw materials
    PC accessories
    Mobile Phone accessories
    Hobby supplies
    Fitness equipment & accessories
    Blank media
    Bags, pouches and covers
    Stationary products
    etc.

Well this is only my Advice for all Buyers and Sellers, thanks for reading and I wish you safe Buying....

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

impossible to Police

Thread Information