Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Postal Discount

Question Postal Discount

Hi
    This has probably been asked before, but is their a way that when someone buys 2 items of the same and it costs the same as to send one that when listing such items we can adjust the postage to how many they buy i.e
    1 item 90cents post
    2 same items no further post charge or plus 20 cents etc

i just can not find how to offer postal discount etc

Hope that makes sense
    Phil

No auto system, you just have to give discount on invoice

thanks for reply, giving discount on invoice is ok if you get to send invoice before the customer pays with paypal then you have to go through paypal and refund the difference, still at least i made a sale

Quote Originally Posted by magicseederireland View Post
    thanks for reply, giving discount on invoice is ok if you get to send invoice before the customer pays with paypal then you have to go through paypal and refund the difference, still at least i made a sale
    But as that is the only way to do it at the moment, it's better than nothing. Personally speaking from my sales most buyers will await an invoice if they buy more than 1 item, especially newbies

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have placed a note on my messages that shows at the top of each of my auctions stating that I offer a postal discount on multi buys if the buyer awaits an invoice. I find that in most cases they do wait and they are encouraged to buy more than 1 item into the bargain. Poopal charge for each transaction it is in the sellers interest that the buyer pays just the once.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Yes. Once they pay for one, you can't redo that invoice and give discount, it is either refund by PP or I usually issue an invoice for the second item and then adjust the shipping on that. Then you avoid giving a PP refund and all that.

Usually mine do wait for invoice as I plaster message all over the listing that they get free shipping if they buy a second item so there is a little hesitation to pay fast, which is great.

I to have a note at the top, it is also on my listings (i think) yet i still get payment before i can send the invoice all i can do then is to refund the postal difference, still a sale is a sale

On one occasion I put a cheque in the parcel to cover the refund in postage. The recipient was more than happy.

Tricia

What size are you requiring?

8-14, 16-18, XL, XXL or XXXL
    We have your legs covered, from your desktop to your door – we do all the legwork!

Ladies Legwear & Accessories for all occasions

Thread Information