Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How long should I wait to hear from a seller before I ask for a refund?

Forum Newbie
    All-About lyravega
    View lyravega's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How long should I wait to hear from a seller before I ask for a refund?

I have been scammed before (on craigslist, mind you, not here). And I have just purchased a phone from a seller here.

It's only been about 2 days, but I'm pretty paranoid. I've emailed her twice at two separate email accounts she has listed here and on paypal.

I did some light research to see if she's on any other websites selling things. She just joined from ebay. She seems to have posted a listing for another (completely different) phone on craigslist at around the same time as the auction I won was posted. It was around June 08 that she was on last, so it's been a little while. As a seller on ebay I check my postings daily and try to get back with my buyers or potential buyers as soon as possible. It just seems a little shady to me to not have gotten any kind of response from her in two days after paying.

Any advice on how long I should wait? This seller seems somewhat legitimate. What's the longest anyone else has waited before filing a claim with paypal?

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there, I think it is a little early to panic, she may be on her holidays. The same thing happened to me last month but goods arrived about 10 days later. It taught me that it is better to wait for an invoice before you pay, that way you know that the seller is aware of your purchase. If you get no joy you can always try support@ebid.net they may be able to help resolve the problem.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

as said above , it is a little early but I can understand your concern , the only advice I would give ( even f a little late ) is NEVER , NEVER pay until you get an invoice....I do not think I would buy from a seller that was last seen 2 years ago... this bit does not look good ...... papa.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

two days is fine - after all even I go away for two or three days occaisonally , and because its a very short time I dont worry about posting a "gone away" notice, I deal with anything as soon as I get home. (in the door, drop my bags, get on the computer. ..). I would only post a "gone away" notice if I was going away for more than three days.

It is sensible, though, on ebid, to wait for an invoice before paying... there are, sadly, some in-active sellers on here. 10 days, as knitandpurl mentions, is about right if you are expecting something though inland mail... You have something like 40 days to file a claim with Paypal anyway.

Forum Newbie
    All-About lyravega
    View lyravega's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    as said above , it is a little early but I can understand your concern , the only advice I would give ( even f a little late ) is NEVER , NEVER pay until you get an invoice....I do not think I would buy from a seller that was last seen 2 years ago... this bit does not look good ...... papa.
    June 08, 2010. So two weeks ago, not two years ago.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lyravega View Post
    I have been scammed before (on craigslist, mind you, not here). And I have just purchased a phone from a seller here.

It's only been about 2 days, but I'm pretty paranoid. I've emailed her twice at two separate email accounts she has listed here and on paypal.

I did some light research to see if she's on any other websites selling things. She just joined from ebay. She seems to have posted a listing for another (completely different) phone on craigslist at around the same time as the auction I won was posted. It was around June 08 that she was on last, so it's been a little while. As a seller on ebay I check my postings daily and try to get back with my buyers or potential buyers as soon as possible. It just seems a little shady to me to not have gotten any kind of response from her in two days after paying.

================================================== ================================================

Any advice on how long I should wait? This seller seems somewhat legitimate. What's the longest anyone else has waited before filing a claim with paypal?
    ================================================== ===================================

hi , sorry , but the highlight is where I got my 2 years....but you know when you saw her.........papa.

Thread Information