eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to cancel an order?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Then just agree that the deal's finished and relist the item.

Edited to add... but keep all correspondence just in case she turns out to be a bit bonkers and tries to force the sale or complain you didn't deliver later!

Forum Newbie
    View walnutgrove's Feedback (+26)
    All-About walnutgrove
    View walnutgrove's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ha! Thanks for that bykimbo! |Wise words

Quote Originally Posted by s01hunter View Post
    Hi.

I recently bought an item using BuyNow but i now i would like to cancel it. I haven't paid for the item, all i did was click on BuyNow. I checked the FAQs and did some forum searching on how to cancel an order but i didn't really find what i was looking for.

How would i be able to perform this?

Thanks for your time.
    Ask the seller nicely. Seller will arrange it but costs them time which to a seller is money. Thank them and apologize for your mistake. Don't do it again.

I have to admit, if I was the buyerin this instance and read some of the responses - I would take the negative, close my account, and never visit this site again.

If I was a visitor to the site, and considering purchasing here - and read this............you would not see me again.

Any buyer has the right to change their mind.
    Of course..........they could be real awkward..........send payment, get the item, not be happy with it, and return it to the seller. THEN they would be correctly allowed to be leave a negative feedback.

Get a grip sellers - the buyer has changed his/her mind - live with it.
    Ebid wants to attract buyers - not put them off.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 6th May 2010 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Of course..........they could be real awkward..........send payment, get the item, not be happy with it, and return it to the seller.
    which of cause is allowed in the DSR's in which case the buyer are acting with in the law and neither party should recive a negative feedback

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    which of cause is allowed in the DSR's in which case the buyer are acting with in the law and neither party should recive a negative feedback
    Was a tongue in cheek comment about being being awkward and sending payment.
    But if they are not happy with it - they are entitled to leave neg.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    As I've said elsewhere (not sure if also in this thread) if buyers contact me at any stage I'm happy to cancel with no harm done, but if people buy then fail to pay they get a neg. This isn't because they haven't bought, it's because unless they talk to me I don't know if the item is available to other buyers, can't relist till I've jumped all the precautionary hoops, and have to put in a good deal more effort to the sale than one where it's actually made and I get paid!

I agree with you kimbo (That was really hard to type... I may need therapy for years now ) I was just saying that if the buyer acts within the law then niether side can really leave a neg for the other

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I've said elsewhere (not sure if also in this thread) if buyers contact me at any stage I'm happy to cancel with no harm done, but if people buy then fail to pay they get a neg. This isn't because they haven't bought, it's because unless they talk to me I don't know if the item is available to other buyers, can't relist till I've jumped all the precautionary hoops, and have to put in a good deal more effort to the sale than one where it's actually made and I get paid!
    Agreed totally. If someone is upfront and message wanting to cancel, that's fine, Its if they buy then don't reply to any messages and leave me hanging about that I get annoyed and neg!

Wasn't taking much notice of this thread until now..

As a seller we now have 3 transactions "hanging" waiting for payment.

It is frustrating if the buyer doesn't respond. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially as they are all new - zero feedback

So a few weeks on.

We have had one response to cancel where they clearly hadn't bothered to read the listing, despite the "mistaken" detail being in the category the title & the listing details

The second is clearly having problems paying by one of the checkouts, but hasn't responded, even when we offered to help them if we could.

The 3rd has suddenly gone (-1) so that doesn;t look promising either.

Ok - the fees lost are minimal and if it was a plausible reason for cancelling the bid then fair enough..

We're tempted to give neutral feedback on the 1st and negs on the other 2. The reason being that other sellers & eBid may need to take this into consideration at some point ( exactly the reason for feedback..)

Past experience has been that the buyers have left negative response in return. It was all unjustified, they have all left and eventually it was all removed by eBid, but our feedback looked less than impressive for some time.

With a few years experience of selling yuu'd think these decisions would get easier. Certainly found it easier not to kick ourselves when we make a mistake, but just to sort it, take a small loss if necessary & move on. It all depends on communication.. If it's only one way you can't move on... and you can waste a lot of time for what would have been a small amount anyway ...

The perils of buying & selling hmm - just remembered - post office seem to have lost one again - more paperwork & time

Despite all this, think the outlook on eBid is looking brighter, so hope everyone is staying with it despite the financial climate..

Thread Information