eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed With Using Moneybookers

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Help Needed With Using Moneybookers

Trying to make a payment using Moneybookers (MB)! I see threads saying you can pay using MB on eBid, but not followed with an explanation of how to do it. PayPal & Google are integrated & have payment button; MB is not.

If you can also explain the process of selling with it. I'm already verified & have selected it as a payment option on some of my auctions. I would have difficulty telling a buyer how to make payment.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also use MoneyBookers

As it's not integrated into eBid, as yet, you will have to put payment details into your eBid invoice for your buyer.

e.g. " Payment may also be made through http://www.moneybookers.com/ to [your MoneyBookers registered email] "

or you can use your MoneyBookers referral link - this is mine
    https://www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=1236524 to earn pennies

or you can send a MoneyBookers money request in the same way as PayPal.

HTH

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for responding. I clicked on your referral link, and it's the MB site.
    How can you get the referral link & where on the site do you actually make the payment?

I have a call out to MB too; still waiting for them to call back.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

To find your own MoneyBookers referral link, log in to your account, click on the 'Benefits' tab on top-right of page / Refer a friend down left-hand side of page.

Your buyer has to be registered with MoneyBookers in order to send a payment, hence the referral link for your buyer to register.

If your buyer registers via your referral link, you earn commission

HTH

Ann.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I logged into my account; I don't see Benefits tab on top right. My top right has "home/contact/about us". I don't see anything about referring a friend.

Under "favorites tab" the drop down arrow did allow me to select "My Account Summary" or "MB.com - Send Money - Receive Money..........." But when I right clicked or left clicked on them, nothing happened.

I'm thinking MoneyBookers is going to have to help me navigate through their payment system. My computer security settings, etc. may also be affecting things. I am not terribly computer literate.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, me finally got to the bottom of this brain twister

Spoke with Moneybookers.......the USA does not allow Moneybookers to transact payment between personal emails. If a person is operating via "feebay" & is linked to Moneybookers, the systems are currently in place to complete a seamless transaction.

Note: In other words to complete the transaction via MB the parties would have to complete it on feebay.

Moneybookers is currently working on negotiations with the USA to get that changed. Once that happens it will be smooth sailing for anyone here on eBid (USA ebid buyers/sellers) who want to use Moneybookers.

That's why I was seeing different things on my account page than Anniemcc2. Goodness, thought I was seeing things.

Seems like these very important facts affecting USA eBidders who wish to use Moneybookers on eBid needs to be communicated on payment options or somewhere. I can't wait until it's sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Well, me finally got to the bottom of this brain twister

Spoke with Moneybookers.......the USA does not allow Moneybookers to transact payment between personal emails. If a person is operating via "feebay" & is linked to Moneybookers, the systems are currently in place to complete a seamless transaction.

Note: In other words to complete the transaction via MB the parties would have to complete it on feebay.

Moneybookers is currently working on negotiations with the USA to get that changed. Once that happens it will be smooth sailing for anyone here on eBid (USA ebid buyers/sellers) who want to use Moneybookers.

That's why I was seeing different things on my account page than Anniemcc2. Goodness, thought I was seeing things.

Seems like these very important facts affecting USA eBidders who wish to use Moneybookers on eBid needs to be communicated on payment options or somewhere. I can't wait until it's sorted.
    I use MB on another site where it is integrated (not Ebay).
    Because of some sort of US gambling law, MB was stopped as a payment option to/from the US about a year ago. Ironically this happened just after MB became an integrated Ebay payment option.
    Those with existing accounts can still use it on sites where it's integrated, but from what I have read no one from the US can sign up to it now.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Booksandstuff View Post
    I use MB on another site where it is integrated (not Ebay).
    Because of some sort of US gambling law, MB was stopped as a payment option to/from the US about a year ago. Ironically this happened just after MB became an integrated Ebay payment option.
    Those with existing accounts can still use it on sites where it's integrated, but from what I have read no one from the US can sign up to it now.
    Oh wow! I did not know that. I got in under the wire also.

I just went through my whole 3 stores & edited out Moneybookers where ever I found it (bulk edited my payment options & descriptions) The seller who sold to me needs to comb through his auctions also; luckily he only has a few now.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Direct Response From Moneybookers

Received this correspondence via email from Moneybookers this morning:

[Quote]
    Dear ,

Thank you for contacting us.

At the present moment our services are available only for US eBay sellers and US merchants who would like to accept online payments through their own websites.

We are looking forward to receiving further correspondence from you. Should you require any further assistance from us or in case any queries should arise, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us again instantly.

Kind regards,

Moneybookers Merchant Services

-----------------------------------------------------
    Moneybookers USA, Inc. Registered office: 155 Water Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201, United States of America. [UnQuote]

Thread Information