Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What's going on with USPS deliveries?

Default What's going on with USPS deliveries?

Something seems to be going very wrong with USPS delivery times.

I was very relieved to just get an email from a buyer telling me that the LP record that I mailed on January 25 finally arrived. That's 14 days to go from California to Washington state! Media Mail is supposed to take three to ten days.

Another buyer is still waiting for a First Class Maill package that I shipped ten days ago. First Class is supposed to take no more than five days.

An item I bought was shipped by Priority Mail, it took ten days to get here. That supposed to take 2 to 5 days, and it costs a fortune.

I think I'm going to start warning buyers when I send them the confirmation email, that shipping may take quite a bit longer than the number of days published by the Post Office.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

You know the routine..they raise their rates and get slower. I remember when Priority was 2 days only...now its supposed to be 2 - 3..they should add weeks to that instead of days.

Media mail & Parcel Post have always taken the longest and can sometimes take up two weeks from the time the item is dispatched. Not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Something seems to be going very wrong with USPS delivery times.

I was very relieved to just get an email from a buyer telling me that the LP record that I mailed on January 25 finally arrived. That's 14 days to go from California to Washington state! Media Mail is supposed to take three to ten days.

Another buyer is still waiting for a First Class Maill package that I shipped ten days ago. First Class is supposed to take no more than five days.

An item I bought was shipped by Priority Mail, it took ten days to get here. That supposed to take 2 to 5 days, and it costs a fortune.

I think I'm going to start warning buyers when I send them the confirmation email, that shipping may take quite a bit longer than the number of days published by the Post Office.
    Sent a few priority packages east and they arrived fast last week. Just mailed today, I will now keep my fingers crossed (we are getting snow storm tonight & tomorrow). Maybe weather affected yours?

Media mail is tricky, it goes to distribution center, gets sorted and then goes to buyer. Ours sit in Chicago for at least a week. But we know media takes longer, so no surprise there.

I did have trouble with a priority envelope to my cousin in UK. Mailed first week of December, and it took a month to get there and arrived soaking wet! Must have sat someplace for weeks.

Used to be that late stuff happened every once in a while, sounds like it is happening a bit more lately, doesn't it?

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only delivery glitches I have noticed this winter have been weather-related
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Thread Information