eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: automatic feedback idea

View talos12345's Feedback (+781)
    All-About talos12345
    View talos12345's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default automatic feedback idea

just an idea that I think would be of benefit to everyone, if a buyer doesn't give you feedback after say 40 days, then you would automatically recieve a positive feedback from ebid, 40 days is plenty of time for the buyer to give feedback so they probably are not going to bother. I used to sell a lot on the other auction site, and have over 2200 stars, but if I had feedback from all buyers I would have been nearer 4000 stars.

No - No - and No again.

Sorry - no - buyers choice whether to leave feedback - if none left I presume everything is okay.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

All-About talos12345
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Sorry - no - buyers choice whether to leave feedback - if none left I presume everything is okay.
    I do agree that if you hear nothing from a buyer then they must be happy with there purchase, but does it not take just a moment to let the seller now that they are happy and tell the world that you are a good reliable seller. and feedback is what most buyers will check for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by talos12345 View Post
    I do agree that if you hear nothing from a buyer then they must be happy with there purchase, but does it not take just a moment to let the seller now that they are happy and tell the world that you are a good reliable seller. and feedback is what most buyers will check for that info.
    But having false feedback is not good either. Feedback reminders are sent as it is (which I don't agree with) but to have auto feedback just makes it a mockery IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    & sellers choice

Some sellers of *adult* items don't leave feedback for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    But having false feedback is not good either. Feedback reminders are sent as it is (which I don't agree with) but to have auto feedback just makes it a mockery IMO
    Don't you "opt in" to receiving feedback reminders? If you don't want an email reminder about feedback, you untick that box in My Preferences.

I agree about auto feedback not making sense. I only check for negatives anyway when I'm buying from someone - did negative feedback relate to postage delay (which might not be their fault) or was it to do with quality/accuracy of description, etc. And I expect a very small percentage of feedback to be negative - you can't please all the people all the time. So one or 2 negs per 1,000 sales is acceptable (depending on what the negs actually state).
    Maybe there could be a way of showing the total sales per seller? Otherwise someone who has sold a few hundred items but only received a couple of dozen feedbacks (of any kind) could look like they're not selling much.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

All-About talos12345
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post

Maybe there could be a way of showing the total sales per seller? Otherwise someone who has sold a few hundred items but only received a couple of dozen feedbacks (of any kind) could look like they're not selling much.
    total amount of sales would be a great idea, and if my idea of auto feedback isn't liked then this would solve the problem (if there even is one!)

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Didn't this silly idea get shot down in flames last week.

The fact they have not left feedback does not mean they are happy with the purchase it could just mean that they are British and don't like complaining

And who cares how many items you have sold. Does the fact that seller "A" has sold 1000 20p items mean he is better than seller "B" who has sold 2 £100 items.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    Don't you "opt in" to receiving feedback reminders? If you don't want an email reminder about feedback, you untick that box in My Preferences.

I agree about auto feedback not making sense. I only check for negatives anyway when I'm buying from someone - did negative feedback relate to postage delay (which might not be their fault) or was it to do with quality/accuracy of description, etc. And I expect a very small percentage of feedback to be negative - you can't please all the people all the time. So one or 2 negs per 1,000 sales is acceptable (depending on what the negs actually state).
    Yes you can opt out of receiving them, but you cannot stop them being sent to the other party, hence why I don't like the feedback request system.
    I like the idea of a person seeing how many sales they have made, I just don't know how or where it would be implemented

Thread Information