eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister improvements ONLY - Bugs to go in Glitches forum.

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

But I have never told anyone that I thought they were wrong about their opinion in their field of expertise,nor would I ever be so bold as think I was qualified to do so

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you actually do a search where you think the problem shows, and post the link here with that specific example showing us exactly what is returned, and explaining very simply what you think is wrong about it?

If you think we're not getting it, show us exactly what the problem is with an actual physical example.

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

there are many here who know a lot about how ebid works and that is not the same as the other place, things that work here dont there and vice versa but it seems they do not know about your cards,
    maybe something can be done but I think that at the moment whilst extra effort is being put into fixing the ninja lister to help a lot of people list a lot from there the small staff here have their work cut out and other things are delayed.

I dont know how many staff there are but I dont think it is many.

I am waiting for categories but I will list what I can whilst I wait, I only have 40 listings at the moment but mine are for larger ammounts but I am still not in the same league as many here
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=k...sa=N&start=120

Please copy and paste if the link did not work.
    As you will see the items,all of them to the right include new.You do not have to open them to get to their descritption to see this.

And as I previuosly stated I am more than happy to work with what is available to me and around what is not,I understand we are a small but growing community and change cannot be made overnight,in reality all I was trying to do was bring to light something I think deserves to be looked at,I refrenced future sellers I am here for the long of it and if eventually some changes are made to include a 3rd new/used /see description or something like that then great as someone else eluded to they are mere guidelines of an overall condition which I am sure if we eventually got a see description a lot of sellers would like to (not that they alreadt do not)have an in depth description and condition of exactly what their product is.Is it brand new with tags,new without tags genlty used,used so much it is in poor condition and cannot be worn read watched listened to these are all things I think need to be addressed as it would be helpful to all,not only my specific area a lot of buyers want to know exactly what they are getting and not in my case but others if they see new and read the description to see it is new without tags sale maybe gone,or used get to description to find that the used is more so than they like buyer and seller can benefeit from this in the long run that is my honest opinion and the way I see it

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    Before writing this I did some searching and found that if I use google product search with no filters on and type in a specific goalie ie kari lehtonen every listing that comes up has either used or new,not in the title of course but I do not have to open the description to see it it is there to the left of the item.
    That's Google Product Search, they ONLY ALLOW New or Used, nothing else, it doesn't matter if eBid add Mint, Made by Magic, or Knitted by Nanas to item condition, google products wouldn't accept it.

If you do the kari lehtonen search using GP dot co.uk or dot com, the results all have new or used including those from feebay.

Only google can change that, it has nothing to do with eBid or Ninja Lister.

We are talking about 3 different searches, & I think that is what is causing the confusion.
    1) eBid Search
    2) Google Product Search
    3) General Search Engine Search (including natural search on google)

If you do a basic search on eBid, it only searches the words in the title, not the item category, not the condition, not the description.
    So if your title is Donald Duck Hockey Card only by searching using all or any of those 4 words will your item be found.

You need to used advanced search for any refinements.

The eBid results page does not show item condition, you have to go into the listing to actually see that, even if the condition filter has been used.

That is why it was suggested you put the condition in the title if you have room there, because it will be found if searched for, (it will be shown in the results titles even if not searched for) not only by eBid basic search but by google product & general search engine searches as well.

If you don't have room to put it in the title so put it in the item description, eBid search will only find it, if the search description box is ticked,
    BUT, google products & all other search engine searches will find it, if it's searched for, & as the search engines (including GP) all show a few words of the description in results, it could well show there, even if it wasn't included in the search keywords.

That is why we suggested you put the item condition in every listing.

It's not about telling you about your hobby, it's about helping you get the best search coverage of your items available.

<snip>
    I know about the picture and the fee associated with it,it would be rather useless of me to sell cards at 2 cents already an extremely low price then add on 2% of that for the pic,I do plan to use pictures when necessary on items that will require them,
    I may be wrong, as I don't have anything listed as low priced as that, but I think in eBid terms 2% of 2 cents is zero. Huddy could probably tell you for sure, his low priced cards have gallery pictures.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 7th March 2010 at 11:08 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a couple of thoughts on the subject.
    As you are selling cards at such a low price I must assume that you are either prepared to lose money on every sale or that you are making your profit and return on your postage, as your transaction fees, should you be paid by one of the online methods, will be much greater than your sale price.
    Second point. The lack of a picture would certainly put me off, should I be a new collector, just beginning in your hobby. So are you just interested in selling to your established clientèle?
    These are not criticisms, just observations.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the link, it's confirmed my suspicion that you were completely misunderstanding the situation, sorry. The previous posters have explained how this works, and why your request for changes to ebid are not a solution the problem you perceive. Google does, what Google does, and that's not going to change for you, me, or the Aga Khan. I suggest you put a bit of time into learning what the different aspects involved are (Goth's post above is an excellent starting point), so that you can be sure of making the most of the opportunities presented by the sites you use. And if you look at the page you provided, you can see why I keep stressing that you need to put essential details such as the *detailed condition* at the top of your description - that's where the text under the title is coming from. If condition's the most important thing about your product, it needs to be right there where Google will pick it up and show it to your customers. That's down to you. And it's just as true of the "main" search as of the products/shopping, so make sure you structure your listings in the best possible way to optimise your chances of selling. The one thing you can definitely control here is your own performance.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

I add everything needed to my title and description so as they will be given the best chance of popping up in a variety of searches,it is not because I am new here that the search engines have changed correct,I have been doing this online for 8+ years and succesfully I might add so I must be doing something right.

Ok on the google product search but I still as does everyone of my collecting friends and clients who have seen my listings find it very very hard to understand why there would not be another option as they all agree to some degree that cards belong in neither that is my major concern and has been I did say if people come in to see my stuff from whatever search as google product is not av to me anyhow once my item is looked into it will drive most if not all away with the new used attachement.
    I can describe my listing perfectly as I try to do but to an experienced collector new to here who stumbles upon a listing by a chance search and the buyer themselves is used to not only having cards not under these general conditions but has the train of thought that experienced dealers also know this thus my items low priced as they may be the buyer may pass on them due to that fact no matter what condition I describe the card as I could put it graded by beckett pristine 10 and it would still probably get passed on as a buyer will wonder what in heaven's name is a used graded card or if I put mint they may wonder how can a card be mint and used.This is the thinking of your collector this is how the hobby has lead them to think this is how sellers worldwide have lead them to think and millions of internet purchases have lead them to think it is hard driven into them that used cards are no good as they are either poor condition and the seller made a type o in the description when stating mint or they will look it by as used is not something they hear see or look for when purchasing cards,these are(nowadays)not items to be used most collectors take great pride and care in their collection I sell as most dealers do protective sleeves and hard plastics screw cases 9 pocket pages for binders there is a whole other industry catering towards the care of cards so for a buyer to see used associated with a potential purchase is offputting,new would not work either as if I list a 10 year old card and in my description to the right it is marked as new they will think I may be trying to pass off an older card as a new release issue
    These are all very valid points I am making and I am sorry if no one here can see my point of view but any association of new and used with sports cards does not help except in the case of when a product is in fact new and just released or in the case of a set called sp game used but the latter hardly goes to a condition but rather a specific set in mind a rather expensive one at that where a 3 card pack goes for about 20-25$ cdn so when folks are putting down this amount of $ for cards and are used to buying them in a certain way it will be very hard to change their mindset

All in all I am not unhappy here but the contrary I will continue my listings and hope that buyers will see listings for what they are and should they have questions ask and not wander off,I have high hopes for this place which depends on all of us getting along for the better of the site.

I am still very new here so I plan to be here a while but should I see that views on items that should sell in a heartbeat dwindle I can always pull em and sell them in store if possible I would like to see this site work and everyone here a success to one extent or another be it making 20 or 200$ at the end of a week month what have you,i just wish one of you could look at it from the buyer collector viewpoint for a moment and the way they have done delas for the last 35 years how can we expect to change that.

I am certain that for sometime in my sportscard listings anyhow they will stay unsold save for regulars from over there and store clients who may want a few items here or there and I am ok with that to a point I will work my but off listing promoting doing what I can but if I have 10 000 cards listed ranging in value and condition and none move except for previous clients meaning no new ones I do not know how long I could keep a place like that going it is kind of depressing even thinking about that,all the work and effort only to make sales to buyers who already buy from me kind of pointless but I have hopes that it will be different so I am moving forward.

But to point out again these are not decks of playing cards to be so easily described by 2 such general and offputting cond as new used

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR74 View Post
    But to point out again these are not decks of playing cards to be so easily described by 2 such general and offputting cond as new used
    And again: eBid can't do anything about it. Those are Google parameters. Defined by Google. Nothing eBid does to their site or to the Ninja Lister will make any difference to that. It's Google.

Google.

Not eBid.

Google.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Thanks for the link, it's confirmed my suspicion that you were completely misunderstanding the situation, sorry. The previous posters have explained how this works, and why your request for changes to ebid are not a solution the problem you perceive. Google does, what Google does, and that's not going to change for you, me, or the Aga Khan. I suggest you put a bit of time into learning what the different aspects involved are (Goth's post above is an excellent starting point), so that you can be sure of making the most of the opportunities presented by the sites you use. And if you look at the page you provided, you can see why I keep stressing that you need to put essential details such as the *detailed condition* at the top of your description - that's where the text under the title is coming from. If condition's the most important thing about your product, it needs to be right there where Google will pick it up and show it to your customers. That's down to you. And it's just as true of the "main" search as of the products/shopping, so make sure you structure your listings in the best possible way to optimise your chances of selling. The one thing you can definitely control here is your own performance.
    I copy and pasted a few of my items they show up perfectly in the search engines,I do not have the product search but that is not my whole problem when a buyer opens my item they will see new and or used this is offputting
    Buyers may very well come in to see the items I have but they will leave just as quickly once seeing that and that is my main focus here that in my description I should be left with a 3rd option so buyers can check out the details for themselves should a card require sepcifics,
    I believe you guys are missing my point card buyers do not associate new used with sports cards they open my listing being brought in from google search engine and see to the right used they will bolt as used is not a term associated with this hobby except for a brand

I have uploading to do,thanks

Thread Information