Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Choose Your Location problem

Forum Newbie
    All-About hubcapper
    View hubcapper's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Choose Your Location problem

I sold on E-Bay for over 9 years and quit when they required Pay-pal and no checks or money orders. I bought and sold all over the world but I don't see a link on E-bid that will allow me to sell or buy from all countries at once. Instead of selecting only one country or continent, why doesn't E-bid add a link for all countries or locations. I had several buyers from the USA, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, France, Canada and England and would like my items to be seen by any one searching from any one of those countries in only one search. I have been a member of E-bid for a couple of years now but hesitiate to sell because of this problem.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Choose Your Location problem

Quote Originally Posted by hubcapper View Post
    I sold on E-Bay for over 9 years and quit when they required Pay-pal and no checks or money orders. I bought and sold all over the world but I don't see a link on E-bid that will allow me to sell or buy from all countries at once. Instead of selecting only one country or continent, why doesn't E-bid add a link for all countries or locations. I had several buyers from the USA, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, France, Canada and England and would like my items to be seen by any one searching from any one of those countries in only one search. I have been a member of E-bid for a couple of years now but hesitiate to sell because of this problem.
    Its for you to select any or all countries or continents you wish to sell to.

This is the UK version of shipping destination options.

Name:  all countries.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  30.7 KB
    Last edited by MPS16; 6th April 2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Newbie
    All-About hubcapper
    Forum Posts

I understand that I will be able to select all countries that I wish to sell in for my auctions but when my buyers search for an item, it appears that they first have to select a country to search in. If I search for "hub cap" for example, I first need to select a location in the "Chose Your Location Link" which opens up several different countries or continents as search options but I am able to only select one at a time. If I select USA, I get 9 hits, if I select New Zealand, I get 3 hits, If I select Australia, I get 5 hits etc. There is no apparent link for all locations at once even though the word hub cap is used in several differen't english speaking coutries. I want to and want my buyers to be able to search for "hub cap", as an example, by selecting only one link and be able to find it anywhere in the world without clicking on several differen't countries.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hubcapper View Post
    I understand that I will be able to select all countries that I wish to sell in for my auctions but when my buyers search for an item, it appears that they first have to select a country to search in. If I search for "hub cap" for example, I first need to select a location in the "Chose Your Location Link" which opens up several different countries or continents as search options but I am able to only select one at a time. If I select USA, I get 9 hits, if I select New Zealand, I get 3 hits, If I select Australia, I get 5 hits etc. There is no apparent link for all locations at once even though the word hub cap is used in several differen't english speaking coutries. I want to and want my buyers to be able to search for "hub cap", as an example, by selecting only one link and be able to find it anywhere in the world without clicking on several differen't countries.
    It does show different countries all at once. All I did was type in hub caps in the Search eBid here box and I got this result:
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?go=...s=hub+caps&go=

If you check the slanted text prices, you'll see they are in another country.

x

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If an item is listed as available for shipping to a country then that item will be displayed to anyone in that country.

Not sure what you are referring to by a 'Choose Your Location Link'. Can you be more specific?

Forum Newbie
    All-About hubcapper
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Its for you to select any or all countries or continents you wish to sell to.

This is the UK version of shipping destination options.

Name:  all countries.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  30.7 KB
    Thanks, This is starting to make more sense to me now. I haven't sold anything yet so haven't seen this screen and didn't know the process.

Forum Newbie
    All-About hubcapper
    Forum Posts

I did go back and check this and as long as I am in the US site it shows 11 results, 5 from GB and 6 from the USA.

Thread Information