Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

Quote Originally Posted by sketchtech View Post
    Slightly off topic but why is the Lister running an old build "FCKeditor.Net 2.6.3, released on 26 July 2008" when a new one is out "CKEditor 3.1, released on 6 January 2010"

http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...8&postcount=76
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    Also noticed NL isnt ticking all my default payment options.
    I thought I would have a look at the ninjalister.csv file to see if I could edit in bulk, but I have looked at it both when NL is running and not but the file is empty.
    The strange thing is that when I restart NL the listings are still in it, I can only find one ninjalister.csv file so is there another hidden one
    re-located NL folder and csv file is now known as data.csv I do not advise trying to edit manually.

it will not grab your default payment options from your setting son the website- as gazza mentioned, that, and pulling in your store categories, etc won't be available until the API is finished (API = separate piece of software)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Hi All

Ninja Lister now allows me to upload items- I've listed about half a dozen, but its now not pulling through the shipping costs.

On my listings it is now showing for Shipping - 'See Description' rather than showing the costs of shipping that are correct in Ninja.

And I was about to send a post saying how easy it was to use!!

P.S. - In case you go and look, I'm in the process of manually editing the postage costs!
    Last edited by beautifulbody; 15th February 2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Afterthought which warrants an Edit!

Duplicated and verified and sent info to Gazza - It seems if you create multiple auction listings that use the Same image
    (Example: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop\EbidImages\samepic.jpg - create two listings, both use the same image, put both listings in the GTG bucket, I bet the GTG bucket will not upload.. )

if you reference or use the *same exact* picture in more than one listing , and Both listings are placed in the gtg bucket at the same time, Ninja chokes on the upload - It starts, and creates the .txt file (which it would normally send as a .zip , along with the images) and then it cannot seem to zip up the same image twice - possibly due to "file of the same name already exists" situation ..

In any case, Ive been able to duplicate this consistently and have reported my findings to Gazza.

Im posting this info here for anyone using NinjaLister that experiences the situation where they click to upload the auctions in the good to go bucket, it starts, you click on OK to upload, and then nothing happens after that, and it does not upload or report any results. - if that happens, check your listings and make sure that all listings in the GTG bucket reference unique images each - remove any listings that reference the same image, and you should be able to upload then..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Duplicated and verified and sent info to Gazza ....
    I don't know if anybody's said it yet, but you're doing a fantastic job getting this tested m'dear! Bravo. Thanks for taking it on so enthusiastically, on behalf of all of us who want it to work, but don't much like testing!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Duplicated and verified and sent info to Gazza - It seems if you create multiple auction listings that use the Same image
    (Example: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop\EbidImages\samepic.jpg - create two listings, both use the same image, put both listings in the GTG bucket, I bet the GTG bucket will not upload.. )

if you reference or use the *same exact* picture in more than one listing , and Both listings are placed in the gtg bucket at the same time, Ninja chokes on the upload - It starts, and creates the .txt file (which it would normally send as a .zip , along with the images) and then it cannot seem to zip up the same image twice - possibly due to "file of the same name already exists" situation ..

In any case, Ive been able to duplicate this consistently and have reported my findings to Gazza.

Im posting this info here for anyone using NinjaLister that experiences the situation where they click to upload the auctions in the good to go bucket, it starts, you click on OK to upload, and then nothing happens after that, and it does not upload or report any results. - if that happens, check your listings and make sure that all listings in the GTG bucket reference unique images each - remove any listings that reference the same image, and you should be able to upload then..
    0.95.7 should address this.

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    View shoequeen's Feedback (+574)
    All-About shoequeen
    View shoequeen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default NL importing issues

Yup. open turbolister, select listings, file -> export - when you find the option for type of export choose turbolister csv format (NOT document exchange format) save the file, go to NL and right click an auction set, import to this set, choose the csv file and should import your floozybay listings just fine
    I have tried this in exactly that format but nl gives me error message: this is not a file format we are able to import. try changing csv files to txt and get the same thing. fowarding a file in txt format as you can't attach a csv file.

any help appreciated, cheers SQ
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if that does not work - it is probably affected by the Turbo Lister option to save images IN the TL database, rather than as a link to the file on your hard disk.

Before exporting from Turbo Lister - check the options from the menu settings and make sure the option for saving a link to images is selected, NOT the default option to save images in the database.

Even then, it's possible it'll botox things, and if you open the exported file in Excel, you'll see one of the columns has cells full of gobbledegook encoding - it should say image location or similar in the header row - delete that column entirely. Unfortunately this means you'll have to manually relink your image locations in NL for each listing.

Still haven't had time to try NL myself, but I've got a "shopping list" of anticipated bugs knowing what I know about TL and cross program migration of listings from it.

Gaz

I've been trying out the NL for the last couple of days. Most of the functions seem to be working, however the shipping options are a problem - both for items imported from turbolister and also for ones I enter directly into NL.

First of all, being in Canada, I usually need one or two shipping options for domestic, one for the U.S. and then surface and airmail for the rest of the countries.

The shipping options from TL do not translate well into NL so I usually end up with Not Known prices etc. so I try to edit the shipping options so they are correct.

The domestic shipping options usually upload correctly with no problems.

The U.S. shipping options sometimes upload correctly, but often I will get a box with U.S. checked off, the correct shipping type, but 0.00 in the shipping box.

The International options for other countries are where it really gets weird. I'll often end up with several shipping options showing after uploading, none of them complete.

It may show Not Known in the dropdown menu, no price and only one country checked off, or it may show a price, correct option, but again only one country checked off..... or it may show some of the countries checked off (not all) but no price or may just show 0.00 and Not known.

These will come through half a dozen times on a listing so when I edit from MY EBID, I will have to delete two or three and edit the rest....rather time consuming.

One thing I really think we need is more straightforward ways to edit the shipping options are you never really know what you're going to end up with, especially in the international options.

Any thoughts about the above?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The Intl Shipping options are still being worked on for non UK/US countries. As we work towards a v1 release these will be ironed out.

Thx
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information