eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: seller sent defective materials from ebid buy

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavar View Post
    Since seller posted agreeing to abide by ebi rule 17) "Consumer Rights and Business Seller Responsibilities
    ... These rights include terms that goods are of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose." , I would think ebid would hold his company accountable.
    That is not an eBid rule; it is a piece of information in a help file drawn from UK law. US law may differ.

Even if eBid did hold the seller 'accountable' - then what sanctions do they have? Only to prevent the seller selling on the site. They are not a party in the transaction, they do not handle the goods or the money.

All eBid do is provide a service for a fee. If you rented out a shop would you, as the landlord, be responsible for paying compensation to any dissatisfied customers of your tenant? Would you feel obliged to seek redress on their behalf? No, of course not. If a dissatisfied customer cannot reach an amicable settlement with the seller then their only recourse is law.

I am not lessening your complaint. I simply feel your expectations of what eBid can and should be required to do in such situations is unrealistic. (eBid is not, I don't believe, in the business of sending out hired goons with baseball bats to extract compensation)

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Paypal only offers (limited) protection on greedbay.Anywhere else is not covered by their t&c's.(Although I haven't checked them lately so that may have changed.)

See above.
    PayPal does protect the buyer beyond Eb*y when an item is paid for but not received. Not sure though how they are with goods that are received but damaged/not working.

Thread Information