Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View onlyjane's Feedback (+2)
    All-About onlyjane
    View onlyjane's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Won Item - Seller not got the Item

Hi
    I'm new to ebid and unfortunately not had a good first bid.

I bid on Buy It Now, wonderful Harry Potter film cell presentation.
    I emailed the sellar several times before getting any response.
    When I did it was to tell me that he did not have the item and it
    should have been removed.

Low and behold, it has happend a second time with another item.

Is this normal on ebid ?

Its really off putting, bid - win - item doesn't exist.

Sorry, but I feel quite miffed at the moment.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear you've had such a poor start with ebid. No, I wouldn't say it was normal, but it does happen. The advantages of ebid can sometimes work against it - the ease and reasonable fees tempt some sellers into dumping a lot of stock here, then not making a good job of keeping their listings up-to-date.

Some of us who are here to sell seriously are doing everything we can to get the poor performing sellers removed, and to improve buyer confidence in the site. If you have a bad experience here, I urge you to leave appropriate negative feedback, and to report the seller concerned to ebid management if you feel the transaction was bad enough to warrant that. Support can be contacted on support@ebid.tv by email.

I hope you're going to give ebid another chance - there are some great sellers here, honest. My guide to safe buying here: http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=117290 might be of help.

I wish I sold film cells, I'd sell you something and show you how great ebid *can* be.

as kinbo says.... leave a negative feedback... it is pointless for someone to list an item if they dont have it and by leaving the corresponding feedback it will warn others.

As for the
    he did not have the item and it
    should have been removed.
    that is down to the seller to remove items if they no longer have it... not to leave it running. when someone gets a bid on an item they have entered a legally binding contract to supply said item (as per the T&C's of the site) and where as not being able to supply an item once is semi-understandable but to do it twice is irresponsible and hould be reported to ebid (kimbo has given you the email address)

Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View onlyjane's Feedback (+2)
    All-About onlyjane
    View onlyjane's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you both for your replies.

I will think about leaving bad feedback, I guess its the wording that is going to be the important thing.

I must admit it has put me off and made me wary of using ebid as this has never happend on ebay to me. If I do use ebid again I hope it goes without a hitch.

Thanks again for your replies.
    onlyjane

Forum Newbie
    View my3jems's Feedback (+1)
    All-About my3jems
    View my3jems's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Does ebid support want us to report bad transactions?

Just wondering if eBid really wants us to report bad sellers (or buyers) to retain the integrity of its auction site? Is the support team different in the UK and the US, or is it the same team?

After much discussion in this forum over the seller who didn't ship to me, then said pkg had been returned to her with 1 item missing, etc., etc., etc., I contacted support to have her dishonest negative feedback removed. They hesitantly did so (and removed mine at the same time...don't know why.)

Then I contacted them asking them to help resolve the problem with the seller. Maybe I should have come right out and 'filed' a complaint. Their response was, "eBid is a venue. Similar to you (sic) classified ads in local papers. Our site acts as the venue for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers' auctions. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers."

Quote Originally Posted by my3jems View Post
    Then I contacted them asking them to help resolve the problem with the seller. Maybe I should have come right out and 'filed' a complaint. Their response was, "eBid is a venue. Similar to you (sic) classified ads in local papers. Our site acts as the venue for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers' auctions. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers."

As it should be my3jems!

We don't want another eb*y, now do we?

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    as kinbo says.... leave a negative feedback... it is pointless for someone to list an item if they dont have it and by leaving the corresponding feedback it will warn others.

As for the that is down to the seller to remove items if they no longer have it... not to leave it running. when someone gets a bid on an item they have entered a legally binding contract to supply said item (as per the T&C's of the site) and where as not being able to supply an item once is semi-understandable but to do it twice is irresponsible and hould be reported to ebid (kimbo has given you the email address)
    Very sorry about your experiences, Jane.

I tried to buy some garden seeds January 10 of this year. Had bought some from the same seller last spring and it went very well. However, I got NO response from the seller this year. Managed to find her on the dark side and communicate with her. Got a rather astounding reply: she intends to no longer sell here but SHE CAN'T REMEMBER HER SELLER NAME OR PASSWORD FOR EBID! The items are Run Until Sold so they will never die until somebody takes some action.

So now I have reported one of the three listings I "won". I am going to think for a day or two and then leave neutral feedback. It truly is inconsiderate and frustrating to leave listings here that a seller has abandoned. I could have bought my items elsewhere in the first place but now have wasted at least 10 days. Garden seeds are a very time-dependent item, but nobody likes to have their money trifled with, ever.

I am VERY glad I didn't pay before getting an invoice!

EDIT: Good news and bad news. I had emailed support@ebid.net several days ago about this absent seller. Just now I see a line through her name, indicating her account has been suspended. No need to leave feedback now. Emailing support@ebid.net was more effective!
    Last edited by TexasAda; 20th January 2010 at 03:56 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About my3jems
    View my3jems's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    As it should be my3jems!

We don't want another eb*y, now do we?
    Rubysafira:

Sorry I didn't make my point clear; I was off and running to a class. I had a major problem with a seller and, being new to eBid, read many forum discussions about problems with sellers. I also asked for help and received much advice from people who truly want to keep this a good auction site.

Several people suggested a complaint or report to eBid's support desk about a bad seller; some put links to it (that's where I got to wondering if there is a different support desk in the US and the UK...I thought I read two different email addresses.)

When I alerted eBid on two occasions I was very pleased at their prompt and friendly response - and they did comply to my request to remove the seller's negative feedback which was untruthful.

However, I still am not sure to what extent they want us to bring up concerns about "sellers gone bad". I say it this way because the seller I had bought the three items from had 16 positive ratings prior to my purchases. Why she wouldn't contact me until 4 weeks after I paid for the purchases, I'll never know. She only did so after I left negative feedback. She was actively selling other items on eBid. She promptly replied to a question I asked about another item she had up for bid. (I did this to see if she was still around - it was advice given on this forum.)

So, is there someone from the eBid support desk who reads these? If so, can you help me with some answers? Exactly what should I have done when the seller didn't ship, didn't communicate for almost 4 weeks (even after I and Paypal tried to contact her), but DID have my money the whole time? Do you want to know about these bad experiences, or do we (the buyer) just call it another learning experience (and lose our money in the meantime)?

From the posts I've read from people who have been with eBid for a long time, it seems there are many eBidders who truly would like to keep this a super site, and they want problem sellers (or buyers) to stop ruining the good reputation the honest ones have tried so hard to build and maintain.

Forum Newbie
    All-About my3jems
    View my3jems's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Line through feedback

EDIT: Good news and bad news. I had emailed support@ebid.net several days ago about this absent seller. Just now I see a line through her name, indicating her account has been suspended. No need to leave feedback now. Emailing support@ebid.net was more effective![/QUOTE]

TexasAda!!!
    You were the first person I bought from on this site! You were terrific!! It was a most perfect experience...you did everything as a seller should!

(Then it went downhill...way downhill...with the next seller.)

Anyhow, when I had contacted eBid support about my problem with a seller, they immediately put a line through her name and suspended her 100+ auctions. That got her mad (at me) and got her attention (but not good attention.)

Don't know what action they took after putting a strikethrough over her name, but a day or two later she was back in business with the strikethrough gone. Check the person's auctions that you were talking about in a day or two to see if they're back in business.

Does anyone know exactly what happens when a strikethrough is put over a name? What kind of an "investigation" does eBid do?

My3jems and Jane, it is annoying when things like that happen, however as other people have said there are a few good and a few bad, after all, all auction sites have them same with shops, you get some good shops and some bad shops.

I also offer a 1st class service. why not take a peek.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Thread Information