eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bought item but seller will not ship or give refund

Forum Newbie
    All-About markasa962
    View markasa962's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Bought item but seller will not ship or give refund

I finally was able to contact the seller about this issue and had been given the runaround. She said she would resolve the matter and was sorry. The explanation she gave me was that she had no idea that the item was still listed for sale on ebid but she wanted to correct the problem. It has been almost 3 months since I made the initial purchase through ebid using google checkout and I still have nothing. The seller won't even answer any of my emails now. What protections do buyers get for this type of situation? What recourse do I have? How do I get my money refunded if I don't get what I paid for?

Quote Originally Posted by markasa962 View Post
    I finally was able to contact the seller about this issue and had been given the runaround. She said she would resolve the matter and was sorry. The explanation she gave me was that she had no idea that the item was still listed for sale on ebid but she wanted to correct the problem. It has been almost 3 months since I made the initial purchase through ebid using google checkout and I still have nothing. The seller won't even answer any of my emails now. What protections do buyers get for this type of situation? What recourse do I have? How do I get my money refunded if I don't get what I paid for?
    Did you take a dispute out with Google? You can reclaim through them, I think. I don't use Google checkout but I assume you can do that, just the same as PayPal.

You should also leave the appropriate feedback for the seller. They should not be listing and leaving auctions on here anyway. It is very bad practice.
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View prism2's Feedback (+95)
    All-About prism2
    View prism2's Listings
    Forum Posts

What type of card did you use on Google Checkout? If a credit card do a charge back
    Paul

Partner trades as Raindropsies

Not sure how refunds on google checkout work - although I do accept google payments and have paid for items using google checkout too. Luckily, I haven't had any reason to ask for a refund or had a refund claim against me.

I know with paypal you are restricted to start a dispute / claim within a set number of days - I think its 45, but not 100% sure on that one.

However, make sure that you leave appropriate feedback for the seller, and also contact support on support@ebid.net - giving them the full details of the seller, and the item that you purchased, date purchased and paid - plus any other information that you think is appropriate to the transaction ie copies of replies that you have received, dates that you contacted her etc etc etc.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Newbie
    All-About markasa962
    View markasa962's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Thanks everyone

I just found out that google checkout works similar to paypal in that I can send a complaint to them and they have escalated to them for mediation. Hopefully they will have it resolved soon.

I just found out that google checkout works similar to paypal in that I can send a complaint to them and they have escalated to them for mediation. Hopefully they will have it resolved soon.
    Glad to hear you're getting it sorted out. Don't forget to leave seller appropriate feedback.

Forum Lurker
    View rmg3010's Feedback (+408)
    All-About rmg3010
    View rmg3010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings:
    I just want to add a suggestion to many good suggestions already given:
    Anybody who dodges you for more than three weeks (I make it two) is a problem but three months is a very, very long time. Nobody wants to think there are creeps out there but unfortunately there are. I cannot imagine a seller *not knowing an item was for sale* on a site. My goodness. Yes, do a chargeback as your credit card is the best protection but you also have time limits as to when you can use that.
    I have never used google checkout but like PayPal, google probably has the same protections in they will reverse the charge if you go through some type of dispute process.
    But to use these, there is a time limit. Three months is a long time, IMHO. Bad sellers hurt all of us.
    It's a learning experience but a bummer to have to learn that way. Good luck!
    gmt
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Bestflicks

Forum Newbie
    All-About suzannestreet
    View suzannestreet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Waitng

This is my first experience on ebid.unfortunately not a good one. I purchased ugg boots for christmas for my daughter and the seller has not contacted in. I;ve tried several times to contact her.i clicked on ebid and i bought the boots, i did not give a siza, a color so i really don't know what i purchased. Unfortunately i think i've been scamed. It was on my pay pal account, don't even know how that happened! Does anyone know how i can report this?

I think you will need to start a dispute through paypal to get your money back

Quote Originally Posted by suzannestreet View Post
    This is my first experience on ebid.unfortunately not a good one. I purchased ugg boots for christmas for my daughter and the seller has not contacted in. I;ve tried several times to contact her.i clicked on ebid and i bought the boots, i did not give a siza, a color so i really don't know what i purchased. Unfortunately i think i've been scamed. It was on my pay pal account, don't even know how that happened! Does anyone know how i can report this?
    Sorry you've had a bad experience. I've been buying on here for over a year and not had any problems, one item that didn't arrive but got a full refund, I hope this doesn't put you off the site altogether as there are a lot of good sellers on here.

How long is it since you purchased the item? You can start a disupute through Paypal as suggested, but you should also report it to ebid and leave feedback for the seller.
    See my YDC auctions here

Thread Information