Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help wanted to formulate selling strategy.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Help wanted to formulate selling strategy.

I am looking for help to form a selling strategy for my ebid stores.
    As I see it if I use a BIN my items will appear in Google search.

I want to exploit that further by having Blog pages appearing in search with my store links appearing on the page.

Thing is I don't know if;
    I can do it. I know nowt about blogging. My idea was (say for my pyrex store) Compile a pattern list something about the history etc etc etc add my link and others. I'd want clickable links to my other blog pages (if I'm allowed any more?) to add interest. IE Pattern page -History page - Ebid page - My page - sponsored shops (yours) page. Thus intergrating the whole thing into a type of "website" where my ebid stores are my "target" pages.

Please feel free to clarify things as I feel this model will work for everyone on ebid.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Might be worth taking a few tips from Kedo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Might be worth taking a few tips from Kedo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/

Yvonne x
    That could be a handy tool. So thanks for that.

What I'm really after is free web space (pages an pages) that I can interlink and drive traffic to my ebid stores.
    I've heard of blogging so I might get space there if someone pointed me in the right direction.
    What's 'My Space' all about.
    There must be lots of similar freebies out there.
    The only ecommerce site would be ebid.
    There's gotta be a way.

If your after free web space - you could try a number of options.

Google do a google blog, which you can access their initial opener from google or, if you click on the link in my sig to my web site, in the menu on the left look for 'other places where we are' and look for BabsnRays blog. It is out of date, (not enough fingers & too many pies ) but it will give you an idea of what blogs are and how they can work - it should also give you a link to make your own.

Another option is squidoo - they allaow you to create as many lenses as you want - about whichever subject matter you wish to write about. Again we have a number of squidoo lenses - again - link in sig - other places we are - look for Babs n Rays Lensmaster page - it will take you to our squidoo profile, which should give you a list of the lenses we have. From one of those lenses it will give you the option to 'make your own'.

Another option would be to go to webs - they are a free site which allows you to build your own web site from the templates and layouts etc that they have - geared to your own specific needs. My web site is one of theirs - although, the templates were custom made for me.

I hope that some of that helps - all of those options are FOC (free of charge)
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

I like FOC free of charge.... come on peeps more suggestions PLEAZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze

BTW A big thank you to Babs n Ray!

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have had all sorts used to advertise peoples stores if you read through, this part of the forum a lot of them have groups, that you can join.

You can add links on most of the P2P things and list your products or info.

# facebook
    You can find the group on here
    # Friend feed
    Not used it yet
    # My Space
    # Twitter
    Everything you post is posted to your friends but the owner prevents it from being rated by google, so the links will not help a website rating.
    # Squidoo
    A bit like blogger.
    # Delicious
    Still not used it
    # Digg
    Still not used it so not sure what it does
    # Second life
    Interesting idea, and if your computer is up to it, then you may find it useful. You can find more about it on here, I think they will also do it for you if you ask them and add a link to your store at Manderley Manor, but I think there is a small charge.
    # Blogger
    You know about, Check out the gadgets that you can add to interest your customers Either the ones available or the ones from igoogle
    # Flickr
    You have seen a fine example of that above
    # stumbleupon
    # technorati
    Social Bookmarking the same as Digg and Delicious

There are also others that I have never even looked at yet such as MIxx, Yahoo Buzz, Redditt, Propeller. So no idea what they do, Just know I can post pages direct from firefox.

And some are also using things like Wikapedia, YouTube. Youtube is being used a lot, if you have a bit of skill with a film editor of some sort.

With most of these you can add things direct from the page your on, such as your products, either from tools on the sites in question like Squidoo or by using tools on firefox.
    Also a lot of them have ebid groups set up, which you will be able to find by following the threads on here. You may find some good info if you read through those threads

You can find the links to a lot of them and some other stuff you can use like search engines, and stuff on one of my blogs here.

http://asitisso.blogspot.com/

If I find any others I'll add them or people can tell you more about those listed
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 6th November 2009 at 02:46 AM.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    We have had all sorts used to advertise peoples stores if you read through, this part of the forum a lot of them have groups, that you can join.

You can add links on most of the P2P things and list your products or info.

# facebook
    # Friend feed
    Not used it yet
    # My Space
    # Twitter
    Everything you post is posted to your friends but the owner prevents it from being rated by google, so the links will not help a website rating.
    # Squidoo
    A bit like blogger.
    # Delicious
    Still not used it
    # Digg
    Still not used it so not sure what it does
    # Second life
    Interesting idea, and if your computer is up to it, then you may find it useful. You can find more about it on here, I think they will also do it for you if you ask them and add a link to your store at Manderley Manor, but I think there is a small charge.
    # Blogger
    You know about, Check out the gadgets that you can add to interest your customers Either the ones available or the ones from igoogle
    # Flickr
    You have seen a fine example of that above
    # stumbleupon
    # technorati
    Social Bookmarking the same as Digg and Delicious

There are also others that I have never even looked at yet such as MIxx, Yahoo Buzz, Redditt, Propeller. So no idea what they do, Just know I can post pages direct from firefox.

And some are also using things like Wikapedia, YouTube. Youtube is being used a lot, if you have a bit of skill with a film editor of some sort.

With most of these you can add things direct from the page your on, such as your products, either from tools on the sites in question like Squidoo or by using tools on firefox.
    Also a lot of them have ebid groups set up, which you will be able to find by following the threads on here. You may find some good info if you read through those threads

You can find the links to a lot of them and some other stuff you can use like search engines, and stuff on one of my blogs here.

http://asitisso.blogspot.com/

If I find any others I'll add them or people can tell you more about those listed
    Thank's for that lots of useful pages there.

All I need now is a free page I can use for google to pick up in a keyword search. Can i reiterate what I'm trying to do.

I want to build some sort off website using the "free webspace" pages. and link them together from google through to ebid.

People who are looking or "INORMATION" on particular products Royal Doulton say ; that's the keyword they type in to google.

So what I need now is a page that fits that bill.

Once people have got to that page I'll have links on it to other 'pages of info and interest' and a link to my ebid store.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is tons of free web space available, a lot of them are limited though, but a lot of them should do what you are suggesting.

Read the small print, as a lot of them are just there to get you into the paid versions, so anything you try takes you to a pay me for that service page

Try a google search for "free website."

I am not sure if they would be any better than using things like blogger or squidoo, as they can both do what you suggest and you have the added benefit of having as many as you like for each of the item types you sell, and a main linking one.

You also have the interactivity from the readers, who can comment on your posts and also add themselves to your friend lists, and get reports on what you are doing.
    Adding information is a lot faster, as shown above.
    They can also rise up the page rank if you add enough of the right info to get them linked to the right pages.

If you want instant exposure then, you are talking money paid to things like Adsense, which could end up a bottomless pit for the items you are talking about but if you do not have the time to spend, then it may be the way to go.

You may also benefit doing a search for SEO and page rank on google, as you may find adding the page is not enough to get it picked up on search engines.
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 6th November 2009 at 12:55 PM.

Thread Information