My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas YDC Special Auction

Thanks for letting us know the reason behind this decision and of course Sylvia' s priority must be her daughter. My very best wishes.

Would it help if I offered to sew the squares together? I wouldn't want to tread on syl's toes and she may really want to do the job at a later date when things are more settled for her - in which case the auction should take place then. Also, of course, if all the squares come here that will add postage costs. But I'm willing to give it a go if it helps....

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Thanks for letting us know the reason behind this decision and of course Sylvia' s priority must be her daughter. My very best wishes.

Would it help if I offered to sew the squares together? I wouldn't want to tread on syl's toes and she may really want to do the job at a later date when things are more settled for her - in which case the auction should take place then. Also, of course, if all the squares come here that will add postage costs. But I'm willing to give it a go if it helps....

Thankyou so much for your offer, but tbh i dont think sylvia has time to get them all together sort everything out and send them off

but thankyou anyway
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Hi all

I been sent a pm to say that it was ok to let you all know the reason for this decision.

As some of you may be aware, Sylvia's daughter is very ill, and sylvia priority is with her daughter.

Thinking of you sylvia in this hour of need, you know where we are if you need us

Shezz

Sorry to hear Syls daughter isn't very well - I can totally understand the decision to delay the auction of the quilt - under the circumstances it makes perfect sense - in that Syls attentions are needed in elsewhere -

Give Syl our bestest wishes and tell her we're thinking of both her and her daughter at this time.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

((((((((((((Sylvia & Daughter))))))))))))))),
    Thinking about you both

Family always comes first no matter what
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Family is def. more important than sewing. Get well soon Syl's daughter

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone, I know its late but I wanted to pop in and thank everyone for their support.

My daughter has been in intensive care since last wednesday. We have almost lost her a couple of times, but she is still hanging in. They were going to try and take her off the ventilator today and see if she could breath with a smaller oxygen mask, but she had problems through the night and her lungs just couldn't cope without it.

I know you will understand that my time is completely taken up with hospital and helping her girls, 17yo and 14yo...its a frightening time for them and they need the family around them.

Shezz has been great and totally supportive so I'd like to thank her here, I will try to keep her updated as and when I can and she can let you all know how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    Hi everyone, I know its late but I wanted to pop in and thank everyone for their support.

My daughter has been in intensive care since last wednesday. We have almost lost her a couple of times, but she is still hanging in. They were going to try and take her off the ventilator today and see if she could breath with a smaller oxygen mask, but she had problems through the night and her lungs just couldn't cope without it.

I know you will understand that my time is completely taken up with hospital and helping her girls, 17yo and 14yo...its a frightening time for them and they need the family around them.

Shezz has been great and totally supportive so I'd like to thank her here, I will try to keep her updated as and when I can and she can let you all know how things go.

Don't worry a hoot about us - We're not going anywhere and we're always here for you as and when you need us - thats what friends do.

You take care of your family - they are more important than we can ever be - they must always come first - but remember to take care of yourself too

Our thoughts are with you at this time.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Eek, have only just read this as have just got back from holiday. Hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery Syl. Thinking of you at this difficult time. xxx

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

A basket for you and your Daughter to cheer you both up, You, your Daughter and her Daughter's are in my prayers and on the prayer list in "What a Mighty God We Serve" thread at http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.ph...77#post1095477

Don't worry about the quilt, we will have the auction at a later date of your chosing. I can tell you from first hand experience that Family most assuredly comes first. God Bless you all.

Thread Information