Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pink Friday charity auctions - the rules

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    How do we set up the auction site on eBid. Do we just open a store or go through eBid Management?

You don't. If you want to do a charity auction for the ACS - you would more or less do the same for the ACS as you would do for the YDC listings - except you would make mention in the listing that the proceeds are in respect of the ACS and then name whichever fundraising promotion you are supporting.

In our case here its the BCC and their Pink Friday fundraising campaign.

The only involvement eBid have in the BCC Pink Friday campaign is that we are hosting the listings here - same as we do the YDC, and we are / have been organising it in the Charity & Fundraising area of eBids forums. eBid themselves are not involved with the auction part of the fundraiser at all.

I hope that helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know a better way to ask except to say where does everyone list there items so that all are consolidated as is YDC.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know a better way to ask except to say where does everyone list there items so that all are consolidated as is YDC.
    That's what I explain in the rules at the top of this thread. The stuff about putting "BCC pink" in the title and all that about choosing categories. Is that what you mean? Have a read of the the rules, perhaps they provide the answer you're looking for?

The BCC Pink Friday listings are going in the Auctions for Charity > Cancer category.

Hope that helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

From the rules above: "You may list your item in any category, but if you're struggling to decide where, there's always "Auctions for Charity > Cancer"."

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    From the rules above: "You may list your item in any category, but if you're struggling to decide where, there's always "Auctions for Charity > Cancer"."
    I don't know why I'm having such a terrible time making my question clear. I just went to Auctions for Charity - Cancer and everyone including my store "Gramma's Charitable Auctions" shows up there. Is Pink Fridays going to show up along with everyone else or will you have a private area there where nothing but Pink Fridays' auctions will show up. For instance if I go to Grammas Charitable Auctions, obviously there is nothing there but my auctions, so my question is do I open another store dedicated solely to "MSABC" where everyone that wants to place their auction for that cause can?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know why I'm having such a terrible time making my question clear. I just went to Auctions for Charity - Cancer and everyone including my store "Gramma's Charitable Auctions" shows up there. Is Pink Fridays going to show up along with everyone else or will you have a private area there where nothing but Pink Fridays' auctions will show up. For instance if I go to Grammas Charitable Auctions, obviously there is nothing there but my auctions, so my question is do I open another store dedicated solely to "MSABC" where everyone that wants to place their auction for that cause can?
    Whatever you want. What do you do with your YDC auctions now? Just do the same but use "MSABC" (if that's the code you want for them) instead of "YDC". Does that help?

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Is MSABC running at the same time as the BCC Pink Fridays campaign?
    I would like to run it in October as that is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. That also gives people the option to support the USA or the UK.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Whatever you want. What do you do with your YDC auctions now? Just do the same but use "MSABC" (if that's the code you want for them) instead of "YDC". Does that help?
    Yes maam it does. Thank you.

Thread Information