eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pink Friday charity auctions - the rules

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    LOL

But seriously... what are you hoping the wording would achieve? I'm not sure what the benefit of a rule would be? What would they have to say... and how would it ensure honesty? (I'm assuming your cynicism is suspecting a lack thereof? )

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying no and I'm happy to make any changes, but I don't quite get this one yet!
    I think without a dedicated category for the listings it would help clarify (albeit informally) the listed item was for charity for the benefit of both seller and buyer.

I hadn't really considered the wording - I was just thinking/typing out loud last night

It's only a thought and as Babs has pointed out your nifty template makes it pretty obvious where the proceeds should be heading. I guess most people will be using the template so it's probably an unecessary hoop for everyone to jump through.

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    I think without a dedicated category for the listings it would help clarify (albeit informally) the listed item was for charity for the benefit of both seller and buyer.

I hadn't really considered the wording - I was just thinking/typing out loud last night

It's only a thought and as Babs has pointed out your nifty template makes it pretty obvious where the proceeds should be heading. I guess most people will be using the template so it's probably an unecessary hoop for everyone to jump through.
    Okey dokey... well, I'll tuck it behind my ear and whip it out if anybody else has similar concerns. We've got a few days to clarify the final rules. This sort of discussion is exactly why I started waving them about now. So thanks!

(Anything suggestive in my wording is entirely in your imagination)

Bylimbo REALLY.............Behave
    Quote....

" I'll tuck it behind my ear and whip it out " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG

View smiffy49er's Feedback (+570)
    All-About smiffy49er
    View smiffy49er's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForYou View Post
    Bylimbo REALLY.............Behave
    Quote....

" I'll tuck it behind my ear and whip it out " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG
    I'm sorry I'm going away now

That would be a sight to see

Kimbo loves to pimp you know

Go on click you know you want to

http://www.justgiving.com/Charyn-Smith

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You see folks? *That's* why I had to put the warning in my post, I know what they're like.

Thank you for that Kimbo.
    I will use the templet if I can do it LOL

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that is all clear in my mind

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

What about a Pink Friday for USA Sellers? Items sold by the USA would go to ACS (American Cancer Society) Whatever we buy from the UK would go to BCC.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    What about a Pink Friday for USA Sellers? Items sold by the USA would go to ACS (American Cancer Society) Whatever we buy from the UK would go to BCC.
    Perhaps you can find out if the ACS has a similar campaign and join in with that?

As far as I'm concerned, anybody taking part in Pink Fridays is supporting the BCC, wherever they are. If there's an equivalent thing for ACS then I'd expect to see that run separately (in parallel if the timing coincides, but it might do better if not?). My thinking here is that Pink Fridays isn't just an eBid thing like the YDC is, so we can't go diverting funds to a different society - it's an official BCC campaign and we're using their promotional materials and logos. We can't then decide to send the money elsewhere, however well-deserving.

If you want to run an ACS campaign later, I'm sure we'll all support you!

Please note, I'm not a BCC official, so this is not an official answer, just my view. Others may see it differently and are welcome to say so. I do know that TimeForYou has an actual registered role with BCC, so maybe he could chip in a view? John, what do you say?

Thread Information