Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listing with prefilled information

Default Listing with prefilled information

So I decided that it would not kill me to add prefilled information to the Ebid DVD data base as long as I am sure my information is true and correct.

The form will not let me fill in the Region, Format, Category or sub-category. So I can post.

I'm really cranky, pressed for time, need a cup of java, and this is irritating me to no end. I feel like I just should have entered it the standard way and be done with it.

BUT NO, now I have to figure out what went wrong. Is it an eBid glitch, did I miss a box, or what?

Suggestions on how to fix this are welcome
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

I don't think the 'prefilled' facility is very good - I do the synopses for my books, but a lot of the time that disappears when I get to the end of the automatic relists, and repost the book.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dismissed all ideas of using the pre-filled system after the first couple of attempts.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I tried to be helpful and fill in the details once. It let me fill it all in, including a long and complicated track list, and then refused to accept any of it because I didn't know the RRP. I vowed never to do it again.

Now I often just put a link in the description to imdb for videos/DVDs, a music database site for audio, and occasionally to Wiki for some stuff.

Well, I definitely will shy away from this for as long as I remember how frustrating it is.

I found prefill information for one of the DVD I want to list. The title was incomplete, the release date was wrong and several other mistakes that users cannot update to fix.

Oh well, as long as I'm not the only one having difficulties I will call it a lesson learned and continue to list standard way.

Thank you ~ off to get coffee.

Talking PRE FILLED PRODUCTS VS MANUAL INPUT, which is best? from suestreasurecloset

I love my pre filled but there should be some for regular items using the upc numbers with professional upclose pictures. Like amazon does. BUT it should be manditory that a regular picture of the product you are selling be put in too so that we see the condition. It comes up with all the highlites of the product already. BUT I totally understand your frustrations with pre filled, it either works or it doesnt. So as I always say if you find something that works better for you and it isnt broke, then dont fix it and do what is best for you (: smiley face! Sincerely, Suseen from suestreasurecloset ps. I need more sellers

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you let us know any specific problems to allow us to replicate the problem. If we can replicate we can make tweeks.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Can you let us know any specific problems to allow us to replicate the problem. If we can replicate we can make tweeks.

Thx,
    Gazza
    I don't think I can add more that I already have but I will try. I searched for The Princess Bride in prefilled first and did not find it.

So I decided to add The Princes Bride. Released on Sept 25, 1987 with a MPAA Rating of PG, genre Comedy/Adventure. Check here: http://www.mgm.com/title_title.php?title_star=PRINCESS

This was released by MGM, your little box has to have four characters or more, so now it has to be Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. A bit of a pita. It took me a bit to figure out that RRP is MSRP in USA. Maybe you could make that look like this: RRP/MSRP.

Now, I did not put the information into the form in order. I picked and chose what I wanted to put in first. The last items were the region, format, category and subcategory drop down boxes. The form would not let me pick a item, type one in or post without that information.

I then tried another search using different words and Princess Bride was found. The title is missing a word it needs The. The jacket picture is different, the release date is different, it did not have a region and I can't remember what else other than it could not be updated by a user. I do realize that movies are released with several different jackets and could have several different release dates pending how old it is.

It could be that the system doesn't know that a movie could have several different jackets and release dates and therefore would not let me add a prefilled because one was already listed. BUT, it could have popped up a warning that one may already exists.

I hope this helps and I hope I put it in the right place. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to send it in an email.

Forum Diehard
    View lilused's Feedback (+183)
    All-About lilused
    View lilused's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tell you one thing, DON'T EVER DO A MASS EDIT in a hurry, messed up over 100 items, spent 6 hours doing individual Edit to finally streighten up (I hope) my mess. Mass Edit in haste, re-edit in a long, long "leasure" time.

I didn't know you could mass edit. Apparently I haven't stumbled across that yet. Thank you for the heads up, hopefully I will remember.

Thread Information