Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jumping ship from *bay......

Unhappy Jumping ship from *bay......

Hi, I've been registered here for 2 years and have yet to list anything, despite being desperate to do so. Why not?

I'm a middle-aged guy and even though I sell comics, I'm not young enough to understand .csv files, spreadsheets and technobabble. I use Turbolister on the other site and that's pretty simple. Trying to list here seems like suddenly moving to a foreign country to start a business....I just don't understand the language.

The sad thing is, I'm not alone. Thousands of us 'oldies' put up with the narrow minded, money grabbing twats at *bay because we can see no alternative.

From September 22nd *bay doesn't allow sellers like me to charge P&P anymore (s+h for my American friends). Tens of thousands of sellers there will suddenly find that their business is unviable and will quit. Those sellers SHOULD be coming here.

I've had an average of 1500 listings up on *bay at all times for 2 years. I can't figure out how to move them here so I guess I'm quitting too.

Anyone wanna buy 3,000 American comics?......J/k

Graham

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

ebid is aware that they need to provide a TL equivalent, and that's going to be a beastie called "NinjaLister". The trouble is that it's taking much longer to produce than anticipated, and people are getting bored with waiting.

I really hope it becomes available this summer. Really, really. Even if I don't use it, I totally support the view that such a thing has to be available.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any new site involves a steep learning curve. I doubt that people's first listings on feebay went easily or all the foibles of TL were obvious.

TL didn't exist when I first started listing on feebay; you didn't even have a bulk upload facility. Everything had to be listed one at a time online.

People have been spoilt by TL. They have never known or have forgotten listing the old way on feebay. Just as they have never known having to learn machine code to get your computer to work.

That does not excuse the continued absence of the Ninja Lister which has been promised for so long that one has to wonder: Does it actually exist?

What really is the delay? Surely by now they could have got a working system out that would at least let you list on eBid. If the project is properly modular then bells and whistles (e.g. imports from other sites) can be added later.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep - enforced P&P - (S+H) on all books, magazines, comics etc, etc. same on most music related stuff - records, Memorabelia etc.

should drive a lot more away from the bay, and with luck a lot of them will end up looking here again.

I'm letting my current auctions here wind up for the time being, then once everything is clear, I will re-stock.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    People have been spoilt by TL. They have never known or have forgotten listing the old way on feebay. Just as they have never known having to learn machine code to get your computer to work.
    I don't know about that, I can't get TL to work on my computer.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    TL didn't exist when I first started listing on feebay; you didn't even have a bulk upload facility. Everything had to be listed one at a time online.
    AAhh, this is so true. I started listing on eBay when they were so new that you only needed a 3 digit password and advertising was word of mouth.

When seasoned sellers ask me about eBid or tell me how primitive it is I remind them that every big boy started out as an infant.

I remember no bulk lister, no counters, no templates, loading pics was sometimes a beast. Could only accept money orders and checks, no PayPal, no Bidpay and I cant remember the other one they had in the beginning (maybe it was bidpay), no about me pages....actually, eBay was pretty podunk when the started in 1995ish

Quote Originally Posted by GibsonsCamp View Post
    AAhh, this is so true. I started listing on eBay when they were so new that you only needed a 3 digit password and advertising was word of mouth.

When seasoned sellers ask me about eBid or tell me how primitive it is I remind them that every big boy started out as an infant.

I remember no bulk lister, no counters, no templates, loading pics was sometimes a beast. Could only accept money orders and checks, no PayPal, no Bidpay and I cant remember the other one they had in the beginning (maybe it was bidpay), no about me pages....actually, eBay was pretty podunk when the started in 1995ish

It was Billpoint they had at first.

If the Ninja Lister turns out to be similar to Turbo Lister, I doubt if I'll ever use it. Getting my first listing up here was a major hassle, which I expected, but after that it turned out to be a piece of cake. I used the "List Similar" button for every listing after that.

It's faster to do this online than it ever was on my computer using Turbo Lister, and it's a one-step process. Just give it a try. You might have to use the "Edit" button a few times, but once you get one listing done correctly, you have a template.

A big bonus is that it's so easy to fix something after I do hit the "Submit" button. I remember I absolutely hated to find a mistake on an auction on GreedBay because it was so cumbersome, even using Turbo Lister, to change anything. Here on eBid, I sometimes see an error on an old listing and fix it on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I don't know about that, I can't get TL to work on my computer.
    Mine crashed out yet again today. Youngest came and sorted it out for me, not sure what he did but this time I didn't lose anything.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    A big bonus is that it's so easy to fix something after I do hit the "Submit" button. I remember I absolutely hated to find a mistake on an auction on GreedBay because it was so cumbersome, even using Turbo Lister, to change anything. Here on eBid, I sometimes see an error on an old listing and fix it on the spot.

Fixing mistakes on Ebid listings is so easy.
    On e**y it's like a 3 or 4 step process, ugh.

Thread Information