eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Checkout no longer accepting Maestro, but it's the only card I have.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Google Checkout no longer accepting Maestro, but it's the only card I have.

So what now then - just no more Google Checkout for me? I don't see why I should have to sign up for another card just to use the service, I don't even know if my bank can provide me with one.

I didn't see any explanation for this move either, does anyone know what's so wrong with Maestro (used to be Switch)? Didn't get a warning, just an email today telling me I had to update my default card. (it's not a phishing attempt - it checks out on the Google Checkout help pages).

Not happy.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nobody seems to know. I've seen a couple of purely speculative ideas, but nothing from Google; nothing authoritative. Perhaps in a few days an explanation will creep out.

Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View scotty67's Feedback (+283)
    All-About scotty67
    View scotty67's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have given up on Google Checkout altogether now as i sent them an email asking if my account was live or suspended and got no reply so i will not be using there service

I'ld like to hear from the people that are always trashing paypal or calling them their favorite nickname. Sounds like google checkout has cr*p for support. At least you get support with paypal. Fossy even mentioned he got 8 emails regarding his dealings. I'ld rather have that and pay abit than be ignored by a big company. Google checkout is not available to Canadians anyway. As previously stated the Canadian banking system thinks they are not secure enough to offer it in Canada. PPPay is not available either. I'm stuck with paypal here but at least they perform.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

If it was a choice between PayPal - or - cheques and not selling overseas, I'd take the latter option. There are too many easy ways for fraudsters to take advantage of PayPal, and also PayPal are not regulated in the UK. It's all very well saying 'I've never had any trouble' but I just don't want to live on borrowed time with that risk hanging over my head. I certainly don't think that all the stories can be made up, as if the system didn't have these flaws then there wouldn't be so many people complaining about it in forums etc.

I'll just have to wait to see what happens with Google Checkout but it looks like I won't be using it for much longer, which is a shame as I hoped they would be real competition for PayPal.
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 24th July 2009 at 08:05 PM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Peepal isn't regulated over here in the USA either. They are an entity unto themselves and do what they please.

x

Google should crank up their security then so it can be used in Canada. I'm surprised a woman of your qualifications resorts to calling a huge company nicknames. Seems rather childish.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    Google should crank up their security then so it can be used in Canada. I'm surprised a woman of your qualifications resorts to calling a huge company nicknames. Seems rather childish.

I think you need a chill pill

x

lol I'm really on a rant today aren't I? Well none us would like it if they came up for a nickname for the site here.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    lol I'm really on a rant today aren't I? Well none us would like it if they came up for a nickname for the site here.

It would be an endearing one cause we ain't done nothing wrong yet

x

Thread Information