Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Confused about relisting and low search results!

Question Confused about relisting and low search results!

I have been told by many that it is better to not just list your items as run until sold as the items will not be at the top of the searches.. ok.. but when I look for items and use the filters to say 'show newest to oldest' or price low to high' are you saying that doesnt work? coz I always use them filters! If I list an item that is the cheapest, list it until sold, that should be top of the list when 'filter price low to high' am I wrong? if i am then what are the filters DOING!?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

you might use them filters clint but it would be wrong to assume what you do everyone else will do,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View scotty67's Feedback (+283)
    All-About scotty67
    View scotty67's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hardly ever use filters i just type in what i want and have a look so would take me longer to get to items that are run till sold so my advice is to do something other than run till sold.

I always use the filter Price low to high when searching for an item. Then I scroll past the featured listings to the normal ones.

The featured listings will always appear at the top of any search no matter what filter you use. And as featured auctions cost £1/$1 etc then they tend to be more expensive than non-featured auctions

For people like me, who don't bother much with filters, the RTS listings dont often appear as they NEVER rise up the lists to the top ( which is where I start when I'm browsing)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

No matter how you filter the items, those with no dates come out last. Everything, 1 minute to xxx days is before it. Sometimes it might not matter, if the category has only 5 items in it, but if it is a crowded category with 10,000, no one's eyeballs are going to last long enough to go thru 9,900 to find the items with run until sold.

And it takes only ONE person to buy your item. If you list so that most people never see the item, the chances of them bidding are almost nil in some categories. Sure they can search by asking for the specific item, and maybe turn up XXXX, but those items are still at the end of the list. Why take the risk?

This has come as quite a shock to me! It seems that people dont look at the lowest priced items. When i search (when buying) I always filter the search to see what the lowest price is. I then read the description, have a look at a few others going up in price and choose the best option. I didnt know people just got stuff whatever the price!! this could be quite good as my prices can go up LMAO! When selling I see what the lowest price is and base my prices on that.. I will continue to do so as well as I will have piece of mind selling at a price I would pay. So what would be the best thing to do involving listing? Would it be to list BIN until sold for 10 days at auto relist?

Would it be to list BIN until sold for 10 days at auto relist?

That's what I always do, and I'm happy with it!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I personally like to list an item 7-10 days and if it doesn't sell I list it elsewhere. I rarely re-list back to back on the same site. I figure if there isn't any interest here there might be somewhere else.

I already sold one item that I gave eBid buyers first shot at but they didn't take it. Someone on the bay did though. That's the way it goes. If you see something I have listed and don't take advantage of the offer at the time, I can't guarantee that it'll make it back around to eBid in the batting order. It's purely a case of he who hesitates is lost.

Dennis

Thread Information