Thread: Lifetime Seller Fees(?)

Forum Newbie
    View GJSportsCoUk's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GJSportsCoUk
    View GJSportsCoUk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Lifetime Seller Fees(?)

Hi,

One thing which is nagging away at me as i contemplate upgrading to the Lifetime account... in the UK, we are to be charged £49.99 (half price and a good deal, we're led to believe), but in the US, they are charged $49.99. So, i just can't do it. How do i get to pay the same rate as the US people?

You don't! - It is set at $49.99 to attract more US members.

Likewise €49.99 to attract members in the eBid countries of Europe.

However you look at it, it's a massive bargain!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

The price you pay is decided on where you live, during sign up eBid take your contact details (postal address, phone number and e-mail address. And run a check on your credit card to check that it is genuine and that the address you gave them matches the one that the CC company have. (Unlike the other site security is taken seriously here).

As for the difference in prices, the reason I have heard is that they are trying to grow the foreign markets and as in any other business the best way to do that is to give discounts.

Having said that the price on offer to you £49.99 is a 50% reduction on normal costs. How long would it take you to spend £50 on the other website, with the constant re-listing fees and FVFs?

If you take up the offer you will have ZERO listing fees on here and the only charges you incur (if you choose to) are the extras. These include up to 5 free photos (including 1 as a thumbnail for an FVF of 2%. The only thing I can do is leave you to work out the maths.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Newbie
    View GJSportsCoUk's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GJSportsCoUk
    View GJSportsCoUk's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't doubt the deal on offer is far better than other such sites (naming no names!). The outlay is still large for me at the moment and i want to make sure i do the right thing. I've listed on a 7-day trial over 1000 items, but not one sold - perhaps could have something to do with massive errors in the description layout! On the other hand, i listed the exact same items on the other site for the same amount of time and only sold 3 - at an approximate same cost as it would cost for a Lifetime here.

I think i need to do some further research on how ebid works. If it does prove successful, then of course i would much rather use this site than the money-grabbers across the way!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid announced in their newsletter a couple of months ago that the special 50% price will be ending soon.

For 50.00 you get:

Seller+ lifetime membership, no more fees to pay unless you use the options.

• 5 free stores with 30 parent categories & 15 sub categories in each one. How much will 5 stores cost you on dungbay?
    • 5 free pics for each listing.
    • Payment/invoice integration with choice (s) of payment options including poopal, google checkout, money orders, checks etc.
    • Free listings no FVFs unless you use the gallery auction listing incurring a 2% FVF when item sells. How much do listing fees cost every 7 days on dungbay? FVF when sold?
    • Other featured options for a minimal fee.
    • Listings can relist automatically up to 10 times.
    • Listings with BIN will be automatically placed on Google search.
    • Total control of shipping fees. Not so on dungbay.
    • Free exposure to each country you sell to. Not so on dungbay.

I think it's worth the money.

BTW I paid $79.99 when I joined up 1st February 2008

x
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 23rd July 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJSportsCoUk View Post
    I don't doubt the deal on offer is far better than other such sites (naming no names!). The outlay is still large for me at the moment and i want to make sure i do the right thing. I've listed on a 7-day trial over 1000 items, but not one sold - perhaps could have something to do with massive errors in the description layout! On the other hand, i listed the exact same items on the other site for the same amount of time and only sold 3 - at an approximate same cost as it would cost for a Lifetime here.

I think i need to do some further research on how ebid works. If it does prove successful, then of course i would much rather use this site than the money-grabbers across the way!

I can't see your auctions since I'm in the US but I'm sure one of the other members can and they will be more than happy to add any pointers if needed.

Many will tell you also that adding something to your 'All About Me' page does help.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just had a quick look at a couple of listings, they may need a few tweaks, the html is all there, maybe the description is a little brief and the picture is quite small, I have noticed a few threads with some good ideas and advice about listings and related topics on the forums that may be helpful.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    I can't see your auctions since I'm in the US
    If you want to view someone's items that are not available to your country just change the us in the address bar at the top of your browser to uk (or whatever country code you are interested in). So:

Attachment 13107

becomes:

Attachment 13108
    Last edited by astral276; 20th April 2010 at 12:00 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Mel, tried it and it worked

x

Hey GJ you might want to "import your feedback" from the "darkside" using repatoo, and maybe writing a little on a "All About Me" page.

On the darkside I pay about $150 per month in fees.

Wish I was getting a 1/4 of the business I have over there on eBid. Well every package I send out, with my business card, is one more person that'll know about eBid.

Thread Information