Thread: Is this cheating???

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I sincerely hope if someone finds my p&p excessive they would tell me first. While relisting yesterday I found a book where I had the postage as £141.00 I must have forgotten the decimal point when listing and the system added it where it thought it appropriate. But no one told me!
    I think that this happens to most of us and I agree that it would be nice if whoever spots it before I do would let me know!!

The auction I am complaining about is one of many by the same seller, and their explanation says it all - this is their stated policy, not an error.

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annes_Nostalgia View Post
    I think that this happens to most of us and I agree that it would be nice if whoever spots it before I do would let me know!!

The auction I am complaining about is one of many by the same seller, and their explanation says it all - this is their stated policy, not an error.
    I agree that contacting the seller in the first instance is the best policy, genuine mistakes do happen.

Previous feedback might also give an indication as to whether the problem has occurred before.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Forum Lurker
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Feedback (+317)
    All-About ucanbeasurvivor
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Was FROGGY out of place than with EBID

My first sale caused my listing auctions to go up $.50 I forgot to add into it PAYPAL fees . So I added it into my listing auction price not my postage price . So did FROGGY do this the right way than ? Within EBID policy rules ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

The irony is that this seller.....and others like them, are probably cutting off their nose to spite their face

If I could buy a £40 pair of slippers at a bargain price of £10 and only pay £1-£2 postage...i'd be in there like a shot

But, having the postage loaded just to spite ebid.......even if the slippers were only £1........I wouldn't buy them on principle!

100% of nothing.........is still nothing!

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty67 View Post
    I think this is wrong on feebay you can be suspended for it and it should be similar here i don't think they will get sales here stating that in a listing.
    they might not be suspended but.... they no longer have any auctions listed

Quote Originally Posted by ucanbeasurvivor View Post
    My first sale caused my listing auctions to go up $.50 I forgot to add into it PAYPAL fees . So I added it into my listing auction price not my postage price . So did FROGGY do this the right way than ? Within EBID policy rules ?
    Froggy got it right.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Forum Lurker
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Feedback (+317)
    All-About ucanbeasurvivor
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile FROGGY force to bump prices

Remember FROGGY force to bump prices I forgot to add paypal fees into my auctions listings . So I did it within the auction listing itself not the postage section . No more than PAYPAL was going to charge me increased $.50 only . So I was trying to keep nothing hidden or being dishonest . But I also need to turn a profit on a sale like the rest of us we've got bills to pay for our EBID earnings . Look for yourself how Ive worked around the fee process .Sure beats what I was being force to do on EBAY to my customers
    $1.50 on up I was being force to add to my listings over on EBAY just to break even and turn no profit to beat . EBID seems to be a lot fairer all away around and I am now trying to pass this blessing on down to my customers .

The other problem with the slippers lister is that IF they allow you to return the product for defects, say, they will only refund the purchase price, and not the shipping charged - so they make their profit either way, and circumvent paying a measly portion to maintain a virtually free service.

Also, if paypal is too much for you, move to someone else (I did). Remember, paypal is owned by greedbay.

Red face Paypal/where is all the traffic for EIBID and what can I do to help

I do understand that paypal can add up but you have to remember that even if that is the case, add to your price beforehand like I do and I actually have free shipping for now...Paypal does indeed make people feel safer. I got kicked off of ebay because I was associated with another ebay account and with proof of a judge that I was a victim of identity theft, I faxed it to them etc. went around in circles, paypal kept records that actually helped me. I cannot understand why if ebay and paypal are owned by the same (even though they will deny it and do share information) Ebay still wouldnt help me by allowing me to re enroll. Now mind you they did this after I sold over 500 items which sucked and I got stuck with all the fees. I even paid them all just because...They said if I did that they would re asses the situation and walaaaaa NO ACESS so they took the money and ran. Gosh I am running on... My only worries here at ebid is that it doesnt seem that I am getting any traffic. I google everywhere I can about ebid...tell everyone...If you have any ideas, ANYONE, I will be glad to listen... But to circle all around, paypal to me is worth it..... sincerely, Suseen Longley with Suestreasurecloset

Wether we like it or not the general public are familiar with paypal and trust it.

Thread Information