Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update for TPYPR's friends

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Suppose it doesn't help that California is having so much turmoil right now. Even if he was eligible to get help from a state agency or push his case along through the legal system, you can't get anywhere when those offices are closed. Is the family land also in California?

If you could pm me his address when it's handy, I will drop him a line.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

He has a neighbor to his family land, which is just outside of Red Bluff, that has been harassing him by calling the police and FD reporting him and complaining. Both the police and fire dept. have contacted him and basically told him they will not be bothering him despite advising him that what he is doing is not legal (you can't live in a van, even on your own property). So I guess that would indicate how desperate the times are.........

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    .... (you can't live in a van, even on your own property).........
    Be interesting to see what was said if he were to erect a tepee & live in it!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

surely that must be legal

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can well imagine it being problematic in California. My suspicion is that they would be concerned about any wastes he may be disposing of; the state of my birth is notorious for strict laws regarding the environment and agriculture. Although he is one guy in one van on private land, they would still take a dim view of him. Having snippy neighbors to alert the law to his presence doesn't help either.

In other states, he would be fine. I can think of at least 4 non-Amish in my tiny corner of Iowa who are doing exactly what he is, and no one minds.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    surely that must be legal
    It wouldn't be here. You'd need planning permission for a dwelling if you were living full-time on the land.

Another short update on Roger. He thanks you all for your concern and says hello. He now has a job with a crew sprucing up a local cemetary that has lasted a few weeks and looks good for next week too. Hopefully it will continue for a while after that and he is grateful to have a steady income again.

He is going to enter his fudge in the fair and a new bakery that is opening has invited him to sell in their store as well. Also a small local restaurant is interested too. So he will be getting some of his fudge made shortly.

He also mentioned he owes someone some fudge from here so expect a package sometime in the near future. He finally has some dollars to afford the postage and the ingredients and he apologizes for being so slow......

I know he has been getting his mail so I hope no one has had anything returned to them lately. He asked if anyone has had a return to please let me know so I can let him know......and again please resend. The post office swears they have it straightened out for him now.

Thank you all again....... while Roger is doing okay right now he can still use our prayers. He has a long way to go. Much of the money he had saved to move his trailer has gone to eat and drive on..... but he is hoping to replace it and make arrangements for the move again. I hope it happens for him..... but even then I guess he now needs some kind of sprinkler system installed before they will let him occupy the trailer that will cost him $3000 to put in. So he will continue to live in his van for the forseeable future. Makes no sense to me.....but that's the law...... which of course he is already violating by living in his van. Go figure. For all that he was his cheerful self tonight when I talked to him. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for the update. I am glad he has some work. It can be so demoralising without it.

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great to hear Roger is doing better. Hope everything goes his way now. Tell him I miss his jokes. He was such an "up" person. Will keep him in my prayers.

Love to all
    Poppa

That's a step in the right direction thanks for letting us know. Send him our best when you next speak to him.

Thread Information