My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update for TPYPR's friends

Just a quick update on Roger. Nothing much has changed for him. He is working on a resume and applying for jobs. It's still hot and dry and he's still living out of his van.

Someone recently told me that they had tried to mail Roger well wishes and the letter was returned. I talked with Roger today and he can't figure out why this happened, but it happened once before to him back last Dec. Please send it again and hopefully it will get through the second time around. Roger also said to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Sincerely, Joanie (rainbowseeker)

Just another update on Roger...Tpypr....a little bit of good news. He is still living out of his van, but no one is harrassing him about it as things are really bleak in his area of California. He did manage to secure a temporary job though through a local church that offered him a helping hand and perhaps if the group he is working with gets another contract his job will continue for awhile. Or if not he will be able to get a recommendation at least that could get him another job from this one. It's baby steps, but he was feeling positive tonight when I talked with him.

He also said he had received some cards and letters and will be answering all by snail mail as soon as he can. He asked that I thank you for your prayers and he is hoping to get his computer up and running at the home of a friends soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Just another update on Roger...Tpypr....a little bit of good news. He is still living out of his van, but no one is harrassing him about it as things are really bleak in his area of California. He did manage to secure a temporary job though through a local church that offered him a helping hand and perhaps if the group he is working with gets another contract his job will continue for awhile. Or if not he will be able to get a recommendation at least that could get him another job from this one. It's baby steps, but he was feeling positive tonight when I talked with him.

He also said he had received some cards and letters and will be answering all by snail mail as soon as he can. He asked that I thank you for your prayers and he is hoping to get his computer up and running at the home of a friends soon as well.
    Awww that's good news glad things seem to be taking a bit of a turn for the better. At least the temporary job is something. Let's hope it leads to more and thanks for keeping us informed about what's happening. I'm off on holiday tomorrow but please send him my best wishes in case he manages to get back on line while I'm away.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a bit better news, hopefully presaging better to come. Thanks for the up-date.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I somehow missed all this, so I am really glad that there is a tiny bit of silver lining on Roger's cloud. Thanks for keeping us up to date

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Joanie. I'll try posting to him again. Please let us know how he continues to get on.

This is very sad, and a dreadful sign of the times - particularly of the deficiencies in the legal systems!

Is there nothing we can do collectively to help Roger?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

I also must have missed the thread. What an awful situation to be in & i feel so sorry for him. He must be a very strong man, because i know i couldn't cope in a situation like that.
    My best wishes go to him also.

Jane

First....thank you all from me and Roger for caring and showing your support. Eventually he will get to read your wishes for him on this thread, because he knows it's here, so keep them coming please.

Is there nothing we can do collectively to help Roger?
    Is there anything else you can do? Just keep him in your prayers. He needs a job to last a while and jobs are hard to find right now in his area. It is a miracle they are not harrassing him for living out of his van right now, but that too is a sign of the times.

I am hoping he can get his trailer moved to the family land and eventually with a job to help him....get it set up so he can live in it comfortably this fall and winter. His goal is also to get a container moved on the land to hold all his other stuff. And he is trying to get some legal recourse for the illegal auction of his car parts by the storage company. He believes he can clearly show he had paid what they asked for in storage fees and they went ahead with the auction anyway. And apparently he has found other people that they did this to as well so he just may have a case. But this is something that could drag on for years and years.

He needs our prayers. And again thank you all for caring. When I hear more I will update you.

Thread Information