My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Problems since the switch over to new servers

I have phoned India now....oops meant I have phoned Virgin Media now too - no help at all

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You seem to believe that your continuing problems are eBid's fault, not your ISP? Is that just because if they hadn't made this move it wouldn't all have kicked off, or is there an issue with ebid not doing something *now* that they should have?
    before this move I had no problems getting into ebid or into my ebid, I have NO problems getting anywhere else on the internet, to come to this forum I go through Australia, but I still cannot get into my Ebid, I might be pacified if there had been any word from ebid support on the subject, after all there has been enough posts, I have or had over 700 auctions running, they are closing without been able to relist, i had a question from a buyer about postage on purchasing a few items, i did reply but what if the buyer can no longer access ebid, they are not going to hang around, whats upsetting is being left in the dark, and what if it does'nt "sort it's self out" in the next few days, where does that leave ebid, and the hard work and hours I have put into my stores and listings and promoting this site. I do hope it does get resolved but if it is'nt soon then Ebid wil be taking a huge step backward because buyers will go elsewhere, I would!!!

For those that had trouble following Tozcentrals Instructions for editing the hosts file & forcing the redirect.
    I've done a pictoral step by step on my website.

http://www.gothicina.co.uk/hosts.html

No it's not ideal, but until those who are like me on Virgin & other ISP's who are unable to access the site properly, it's certainly better than nothing, because you can get into the site as well as the forums
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View iamashytalk's Feedback (+3)
    All-About iamashytalk
    View iamashytalk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,I'm on Virgin,running XPand firefox browser.......cant log in whatsoever,I managed to get on the forums but I dont know how,Its very frustrating!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

So far I haven't experienced any real problems. I'm with Road Runner thru Brighthouse (Cable Company[Broadband]). Operating system is XP Pro and I've been using IE8.

I haven't tried with Firefox or with my laptop yet however.

Dennis

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    So far, nobody answered my original question about Operating System.
    x
    I'm on XP, my ISP is Tiscali - recently taken over by TalkTalk, and I can't access eBid on IE7, Avant Browser, FF or GC.I'm using at US-based proxy server to get here at all.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penny291 View Post
    before this move I had no problems getting into ebid or into my ebid, I have NO problems getting anywhere else on the internet, to come to this forum I go through Australia, but I still cannot get into my Ebid, I might be pacified if there had been any word from ebid support on the subject, after all there has been enough posts, I have or had over 700 auctions running, they are closing without been able to relist, i had a question from a buyer about postage on purchasing a few items, i did reply but what if the buyer can no longer access ebid, they are not going to hang around, whats upsetting is being left in the dark, and what if it does'nt "sort it's self out" in the next few days, where does that leave ebid, and the hard work and hours I have put into my stores and listings and promoting this site. I do hope it does get resolved but if it is'nt soon then Ebid wil be taking a huge step backward because buyers will go elsewhere, I would!!!
    I think communication is one of ebid's weakest points. They are startling poor at keeping people informed. There have been a couple of posts about this that you might not have seen. Here's one (if the link works!) http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.ph...06#post1021606

I use AOL and its fine now.But i did pester them.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    For those that had trouble following Tozcentrals Instructions for editing the hosts file & forcing the redirect.

No it's not ideal, but until those who are like me on Virgin & other ISP's who are unable to access the site properly, it's certainly better than nothing, because you can get into the site as well as the forums

Perfect...thanks a bunch! (and thanks to the smart cookie too )

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

Thanks, Gothicina, but it doesn't work with Tiscali

Thread Information