Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra postage boxes please & word correction

Default Extra postage boxes please & word correction

Currently you are limited to 5 UK & 5 for the rest of the world.

I would like to see the UK options go up to 7

I would really like the rest of the world to be 10 options (I don't want to be greedy)

The reason behind the 10 for rest of the world (in other words all non-UK countries) parcel force is normally the best & cheapest way to ship.

Parcel force do not charge all countries the same, whether in Europe or not, in greater detail is the eBid countries

Republic of Ireland is zone 5
    Netherlands is zone 6
    France Germany & Denmark is zone 7
    Italy Spain & Portugal is zone 8
    Sweden, & Norway is zone 9
    USA & Canada is zone 10
    Australia, New Zealand is Zone 11
    The rest is Zone 12
    Then you have HM forces rate

Yes I know you could put "Not known" but personally I like to let buyers see what the P&P will be, & yes I work out each listing so I can do the correct P&P rate for each one.

Now the PP options for overseas say "parcel force international scheduled" yet there is no such service, the nearest name is "parcel force international standard"

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

unless you get someone who wants a box full

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I never knew about all the different rates for europe/world sarah so thanks for that... Postcards are so much easier... just europe and rest of the world
    Theres a huge difference too

8KG (which is what I have been pricing up with parcel forces cheapest method)

Zone > Price
    5 > £26.39
    6 > £39.09
    7 > £41.29
    8 > £43.09
    9 > £52.99
    10 > £67.19
    11 > £81.09
    12 > £95.49
    HM forces > £10.60

I would like a blank box where you can enter your own postal service choice, because useing Irelands An Post service is not that simple at times

Sarah, parcels going to the forces are not chargeable reason I know this is I've seen parcels and letters come through with BFPO £0.00
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Sarah, parcels going to the forces are not chargeable reason I know this is I've seen parcels and letters come through with BFPO £0.00
    Incorrect according to the parcel force booklet

Name:  IMGP4103.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  IMGP4104.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  92.2 KB

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post

Incorrect according to my own experience when in the Air Force

The postage rate from UK is to the BFPO sorting centre (I think it's in London) and onward transit from there is free because it uses military transport, usually RAF scheduled flights to the various overseas stations, which is why sometimes it can be quite slow - some far flung stations only get one flight a week / 10 days.

However, the point is, you have to pay for the normal Royal Snail delivery from you to the BFPO sorting centre. The US forces have a similar arrangement.

From outside UK/US to a BFPO or AFPO address, you pay the appropriate postage from you to the BFPO/AFPO sorting centres in UK/US, even if the "overseas" station is in the same country as you.

For example if you were in Germany sending to a UK base in Berlin, it would go -
    you > Berlin international sorting office > Heathrow Postal Customs Centre > UK BFPO sorting centre > RAF Lyneham (Wiltshire) BFPO Despatch Centre > Berlin central BFPO > Final BFPO > Recipient's service unit mail room > recipient's location

As you can see, it goes on a grand tour around Europe, which is why it takes extra time to BFPO/AFPO addresses.

I sell a lot of Prickly heat powder to US servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a few of them have jovially sent me lists of all the post office franking marks on their parcels by the time they receive them - it is quite amusing at times, and I'm sure Phineas Fogg would be more familiar with some of the locations than I am.

Gaz

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

So everyone's form should be changed to accomodate your unusual situation?

Perhaps you should do different listings with availability to specific locations.

I can't fathom someone being so self-centered to even ask such nonsense.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    No, that is not why the OP is requesting the change - if you read the reason behind the specifics, you will see that it would benefit everyone - I also suggest you research the history of the OP on eBid, and how helpful they have been to large numbers of members before casting aspersions.

Perhaps you should do different listings with availability to specific locations.
    Your suggestion falls foul of eBid's multiple identical listings policy, given the tone of your overall response, perhaps we should recommend support examine your offerings for such breaches of policy?

Hahahahaha - people in glass houses should not throw stones!
    Go research who's self-indulgent interests and indignation caused the recent toppling of two regimes in developing countries, and in their ongoing determination to justify the unjustifiable, have brought the world's largest economy to the brink of bankruptcy.

I'd strongly recommend you Americans avoid accusing Brits of being self-centred, especially if you expect us to willingly support your next invasion of a 2nd or 3rd world country ... like you refused to do for us when we wanted your help in recovering OUR sovereign territory in 1982.
    (In the end, we didn't need your help and did it all on our little old lonesome )

Well I am shocked.

8000+ postings, I have never ever been accused of being self centred

If you cannot see the reasoning behind this, then you may need to research the UK postal system in depth so that you are fully aware of how any international buys you make may effect you.

Thread Information