My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: No Automated Feedback Request!

Its a good idea to make it optional. I know who I can send reminders to and who I can't. People I have been in contact with from the darkside and I know fairly well, it don't hurt. Others might not like it and take the hump when reminded.

However the big river send em automatically all the time, regardless of whether they are newbies or not and that doesn't seem to do any harm.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonSystems View Post

However the big river send em automatically all the time, regardless of whether they are newbies or not and that doesn't seem to do any harm.
    I've had to passify several people who objected to getting them from Amazon.

I don't like Amazon sending them either, but it's also a lot busier there, and if you do get one lunatic who leaves a neg it doesn't have such a traumatic effect on the rating.

I have the feeling that some of us are getting hold of the wrong end of the stick!

What I THINK (and hope) Gazza means is that admin will look at completed listings every week and if a reminder has not been sent, or feedback recieved, then a reminder from ADMIN will automatically be sent out - ONCE ONLY.

I wouldn't really mind this, I suppose, but I would say not to send before at LEAST one month - more if overseas.

As I have said before - sometimes requesting feedback needs tact and diplomacy, and I like to do it myself, if necessary!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    I have the feeling that some of us are getting hold of the wrong end of the stick!

What I THINK (and hope) Gazza means is that admin will look at completed listings every week and if a reminder has not been sent, or feedback recieved, then a reminder from ADMIN will automatically be sent out - ONCE ONLY.
    That's what Gazza's down-graded later post said - the original version either intentionally or by mistake made it clear it was to be a weekly message - they've either rethought that, or reworded more thoughfully.

I still want an opt-out.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

I still want an opt-out.
    Me too!

Actually I could produce a number of tasks I would rather they performed than this one. It's a real case of if it ain't broke as far as I'm concerned.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information