Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No Automated Feedback Request!

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Now, 30 days auto feedback request is a good idea, as long as it's only the one time.

~Jan~
    Hi Jan,

Say for example you bought an item from me in the UK, and wanted it sent surface mail. How would you feel about getting a feedback reminder after 30 days, when the package could take up to 12 weeks to arrive?
    Surface mail is getting more popular now because of the cost savings.
    I posted one off a couple of days ago to a new member with no feedbacks. What is he going to think if he starts getting feedback reminders weeks before he even gets the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    Hi Jan,

Say for example you bought an item from me in the UK, and wanted it sent surface mail. How would you feel about getting a feedback reminder after 30 days, when the package could take up to 12 weeks to arrive?
    Surface mail is getting more popular now because of the cost savings.
    I posted one off a couple of days ago to a new member with no feedbacks. What is he going to think if he starts getting feedback reminders weeks before he even gets the product.
    I always send a 'I have despatched your item' type email when I ship an item. All you have to do (assuming you send one) is add a bit where it says 'you will receive an automated email from eBid.......'

No problems.

As I said before Amazon do a similar thing.

It is not worded 'Leave feedback you looser'

It is worded in a friendly way.

I am sure eBids would be as well.

24 hours on, my view is still that I do not want ebid sending feedback reminders at all in relation to transctions between me and my buyers, nor would I want to receive any from a seller / ebid .

30 minutes ago, I sold via buy now 1 item to a past customer. This customer knows that I combine P&P and has placed a bid on another item. The item with a bid will not finish for another 7days & 7 hours.

Now as things are they will be getting a reminder to leave feedback before I have sent a combined invoice. Would this not annoy you?
    Last edited by raindropsies2; 13th March 2009 at 09:46 PM.

Gazza, great to know that you are listening and thank you for your response. A one-off reminder/link sounds much better but that still leaves concerns about the effect on buyers who make multiple purchases - one reminder per member perhaps?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    24 hours on, my view is still that I do not want ebid sending feedback reminders at all in relation to transctions between me and my buyers, nor would I want to receive any from a seller / ebid .

30 minutes ago, I sold via buy now 1 item to a past customer. This customer knows that I combine P&P and has placed a bid on another item. The item with a bid will not finish for another 7days & 7 hours.

Now as things are they will be getting a reminder to leave feedback before I have sent a combined invoice. Would this not annoy you?
    No i wouldn't be annoyed, i'd realise exactly what was happening. I've never reminded receiving feedback reminders. I think they are a good memory jogger

I like the idea of automated reminders. But every seven days seems a tad much. How about every 15 days?

The problem, as I see it, is not that this is a bad idea. The problem is that there seem to be people who flip out just from receiving e-mails. I don't have a problem receiving e-mails. What's the big deal? Just delete the useless ones. What would a customer think if they received a feedback reminder before receiving the item they bought? Nothing.

I think the eBid admins are doing a good job.

Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    I always send a 'I have despatched your item' type email when I ship an item. All you have to do (assuming you send one) is add a bit where it says 'you will receive an automated email from eBid.......'

No problems.

As I said before Amazon do a similar thing.

It is not worded 'Leave feedback you looser'

It is worded in a friendly way.

I am sure eBids would be as well.
    I still think it is un-neccessary, as I believe feedback should remain optional. If the reminder is an option we can turn off or on, then OK, I have no problem with that. I just don't want my customers to receive them.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    No i wouldn't be annoyed, i'd realise exactly what was happening. I've never reminded receiving feedback reminders. I think they are a good memory jogger
    You may realise what happened.
    I would realise what has happened too.

Those that don't use forums will not understand, then when the seller explains thisto newbie after newbie, they will I have no doubt think that the seller is making excuses for the site.

Sorry but there is no convincing me now after 48 hours later.

Feedback reminders should not be sent by eBId, and I do not want them sending for any of my transactions.
    The sad thing seems to be that this is being forced on me and other that do not want it.
    If admin really like this idea, they should make it optional with immediate effect and not "wait & see" if an opt out is needed becuase if customers are annoyed and fail to return then it will be too late for them at a later date.

When did this happen?? I didn't know anything about it. So am i right in thinking that feedback requests will now be sent automatically and we have no control over it??
    Lynsey

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy1980 View Post
    When did this happen?? I didn't know anything about it. So am i right in thinking that feedback requests will now be sent automatically and we have no control over it??
    Lynsey
    Basically yes that is the case

Thread Information