eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New ebid buyers- don't loose your common sence!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Jewel

No, I don't think it is unfair, unfortunately, auction sites are a magnet for just about every rogue seller on the planet.

It really is a case of "buyer beware", and a good sellers duty is to do everything possible to give any prospective buyer, confidence in them

You wouldn't believe how many new "sellers", miraculously had 20 brand new wii's for sale on the run up to Christmas last year

There are loads of suggestions and tips around the forum, the same as have been given above. Everyone starts with zero feedback....I did, but I asked questions and listened to good advice which was freely given

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Newbie
    Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View flumpy's Feedback (+6)
    All-About flumpy
    View flumpy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

ive just to the last post, i am on new on here just opened a store got a plus one at mo through me buying just sold my first item after a month a 60p programme sold on saturday allready in the post first class so should get another plus. anybody can check my account on ebay you find it 100% on 164 items name on there is steves dvds. you got to put a bit of trust unless we will never get started it slow enough as it is. i hoping to get lot of new stuff in and run my store as a business. but things have to pick up first.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    What code ?
    Well this is how it looks to me...

Attachment 8688
    Last edited by astral276; 20th April 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flumpy View Post
    ive just to the last post, i am on new on here just opened a store got a plus one at mo through me buying just sold my first item after a month a 60p programme sold on saturday allready in the post first class so should get another plus. anybody can check my account on ebay you find it 100% on 164 items name on there is steves dvds. you got to put a bit of trust unless we will never get started it slow enough as it is. i hoping to get lot of new stuff in and run my store as a business. but things have to pick up first.
    well done on your first sale flumpy. Word of advice - dont wait for sales to pick up and then add. It costs nothing to list if you have a seller + account and the more you have to offer the more chance you have of obtaining a sale.

As you say, we all have to start somewhere, all posters are trying to point out is that its easy to be "led astray" The fact that you can get that desperately wanted xbox for Christmas at £50 cheaper than the shops providing you pay this way..... is a mega carrot. Unfortunately, some people learn the hard way.. All that is trying to be said is to be wary, then more wary and even more wary before parting with your cash.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Well this is how it looks to me...

Attachment 8688

Ooh er! <goes for a nosey> I say Pete, you've selected Webdings as a font! Don't think you wanted to do that. I can see the text - looks like I don't have webdings in FF. I should stick with something a little more main stream.

Thumbs up

Thanks, sound advise, i will try that. I will be buying as well as selling so in time my feedbacks will mount up. I do try to update my about me page every now and then to give as much info about me as possible.

I know your posting was for advise only, but sometimes advise like that can scare some people away from new sellers. But i do take everything you said on board. Thanks.

Ken

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle=Jewel-Time

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal....heir-all-about

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweltime View Post
    Thanks, sound advise, i will try that. I will be buying as well as selling so in time my feedbacks will mount up. I do try to update my about me page every now and then to give as much info about me as possible.

I know your posting was for advise only, but sometimes advise like that can scare some people away from new sellers. But i do take everything you said on board. Thanks.

Ken

Hi Ken

You can also join www.repatoo.com & display your feebay feedback via them

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by jeweltime View Post

Ken

Treat the forum threads as your personal friends. 99% of the time you will find a solution to a problem before it arises.

Best advice I ever took was coming here first......

good luck with your new venture Ken

Thread Information