eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Plug your Auctions topics

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Plug your Auctions topics

I wonder if it would be possible to add a "Plug your auction" section to each of the separate Forum catergories. I.e Antiques, collectables, photography.

I think this will make it easier to use for people plugging their particular wares, and also easier for someone wanting to view "plugged auctions" in these particular areas.

Also I believe it might allow peoples auctions to stay visible at the top for a while longer, at thee moment, no sooner have you plugged your items, and an hour later its virtually on the second page......

Just a suggestion
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

The idea has certainly got it's plus points, but personally, Im happy with it as it is. Where it is now, there is always the possibility of "passing trade" so to speak. Somebody might nip into your store, who had never thought to before, which you wouldn't get if you split them up.

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    The idea has certainly got it's plus points, but personally, Im happy with it as it is. Where it is now, there is always the possibility of "passing trade" so to speak. Somebody might nip into your store, who had never thought to before, which you wouldn't get if you split them up.
    True...

Perhaps then if we keep the geenral "plug your auctions" and have one in the relevant topics, for if a seller has one paticular item they would like to plug and feel it would benefit more from being in one of thoes paticular catergories?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's hard enough to explain and enforce the one-plug-a-day rule now, without adding the complication of multiple places they can go, in my view.

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

I cant really see how it would complicate matters, and do think it would be more beneficial for sellers of specific items and buyers looking for those specific items.

For example, if bob is selling a ford zephyr rear bumper, you can gurantee, him pluggin that item in the current "plug your item" category would be pointless, as after a day or two it would be in the depths of page 4+. However, if he was able to plug that item in the automotive category, he would have a chance of that staying there a lot longer, as people looking for items like that are im betting more likely to look within the automotive category.

I like that idea

It would definately make it easier to find offers etc your interested in IMO
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    I cant really see how it would complicate matters, and do think it would be more beneficial for sellers of specific items and buyers looking for those specific items.

For example, if bob is selling a ford zephyr rear bumper, you can gurantee, him pluggin that item in the current "plug your item" category would be pointless, as after a day or two it would be in the depths of page 4+. However, if he was able to plug that item in the automotive category, he would have a chance of that staying there a lot longer, as people looking for items like that are im betting more likely to look within the automotive category.
    Surely if somebody was looking for a Ford Zephyr rear bumper, they would put in a search of the whole site to see the options from all sellers. I can see your point in a way, but feel that the present system works OK as it is.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

I,m happy as it is!
    cheers tony

Thread Information