Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PENNY SALE PROMOTION for Alternative Site Sellers

Thumbs up PENNY SALE PROMOTION for Alternative Site Sellers

A promotion is being held and promoted for sellers on alternative auction sites by Pheebay.com for those who would like to participate. You can read about it and get the rules in this thread here on Pheebay (you do not need to be a member to read this thread):
    http://www.pheebay.com/forums/viewto...er=asc&start=0
    It begins this Sunday, Oct.26th. and runs 7 days until the following Sunday. This will be repeated for several weeks and right now there appears to be alot of interest and support.

I am offering a Hummel Figurine to kick it off for the US side of eBid. I hope some other sellers will join in from the US and from other countries. Pheebay has proven over and over to me that you can be successful promoting yourself and selling your items or I would not risk listing a valuable #2 trademark Hummel that books for over $100 for one cent. A week ago a promotion Pheebay helped me with resulted in a $400 sale out of my shop on another alternative site. It works...please come and check it out. Below is also a link to the item I am offering.
    http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...7-0&mo=auction

how weird - advertising an auction site on an auction site?!

Pheebay is not an auction site....it promotes sellers and sites besides e**Bay. They routinely run promotions to help sellers and sites raise their SEO. What I have learned from them is where to go to promote my listings here and at other sites that I sell on. Sorry...I probably should have included that in my first post. Please check it out. This is a good way to promote your listing here and the eBid site.

Then for my ignorance, I apologise rainbowseeker

I shouldve checked the link first

It looks good but indirectly the link seems to promote ebay, if you wont to start a promotion thing like the $0.01 you have started on ebid, then keep it to ebid the way that link is, its promoting ebay too much and I think you should concider deleteing the thread and redo it without any promotion to ebay, Even if it is going to pheebay first

HUH??? It's for any ALTERNATIVE SITE OTHER THAN EBAY and it says that! And the promotion is a joint effort for alternative sites only! Pheebay is offering to do your promotion for you no matter where you sell for FREE. All you have to do is list an item on a site you sell at ..... in this case eBid and post the url over in the Pheebay thread I have provided. They will advertise your item for you FREE of charge and in turn the site you are selling off of. I am participating by offering my hummel for 1 cent that I have scheduled to start tomorrow. Where in the H are you getting what you are accusing me of.....try reading this thread again please.

Hi

I like pheebay, it's exactly as rainbowseeker said. It promotes lot's of different auction sites (including ebid), and you can pick up lot's of useful info there too.
    I'm gonna check out your link in a sec.

Jane

Thank you StarLady22....I thought I landed on another planet a few mins ago...LOL.

Anyone who joins in will also have their item posted on the Squidoo lens I set up today for the purpose.

Tomorrow I will be adding links to the sites mentioned on that lens so I won't post it here but there is a dedicated thread on Pheebay.com stickied in the General Auction Site Chat forum where you can post a link to your 1p auction if you start one.

These will all be blogged about and links for this week's auctions need to be posted by midnight Sunday.

All being well we will repeat the whole thing next week and so on.

The whole idea is to a) draw more attention to the alternatives auction sites, b) provide a boost in visitor numbers and, hopefully, sales direct to those taking part and c) in the hope that there is also spin off in increased sales to others on the auctions sites which are being promoted.

Primarily we want sellers to get involved, sites may also co-operate if they wish but we don't expect it, although two of the smaller, new sites have set up reciprocal links.

I'm sure all of us could do with a boost to our finances, so I hope more folks will take advantage of this free marketing opportunity.

I think it's a brilliant idea, and i'll be checking out the auctions tomorrow.
    I might have a go at some point, but i'm useless with posting links & stuff, so don't know if i would even be able to do it.
    Good luck with this weeks auctions though
    Jane

Thread Information