Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E**b & auc**** links

Unhappy E**b & auc**** links

Hello I just went on to a stamp site - looked at an item scrolled down and there was a link to e**Y one click and I was on the dark side.......
    No wonder sales ar sloooowwww!!!!
    Is this right?
    oldtimes

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
    Hello I just went on to a stamp site - looked at an item scrolled down and there was a link to e**Y one click and I was on the dark side.......
    No wonder sales ar sloooowwww!!!!
    Is this right?
    oldtimes
    No it breaks eBid listing rules.

Selling Off Site. Attempts to sell off site will mean the removal of all a sellers' auctions. If a Q&A is received offering to buy the only response is to ask them to make a bid..
    If you use the Report this Auction Link it will come under
    Offering to Sell Offsite, or Links to e-Commerce Website within description.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 28th September 2008 at 01:49 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Oldtimes

Do you mean a stamp website....or an ebid store?

If it's a website, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

If it's ebid auctions.....let admin know if it's all the sellers items, or their about me page.....live links are not allowed
    support@ebid.tv

or you can use the "report this auction" button on the left hand side of every auction

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Hi Oldtimes

If it's ebid auctions.....let admin know if it's all the sellers items, or their about me page.....live links are not allowed
    support@ebid.tv

or you can use the "report this auction" button on the left hand side of every auction

Yvonne x
    Hi Gothicina . perhaps I did not explain it right. I went to Stamps - clicked on top shop on list - entered shop list - clicked on item - scrolled down to description and this was filled with Auc***a srolling bar - clicked on 'See my e888y items- and there I was on the dark side. Not really fair when they will not entertain us advertising our site.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Hi Oldtimes

support@ebid.tv

Yvonne x
    Hi Yvonne
    Sorry, it was an Ebid store. Top one on the Stamp shop store list, Have a look and you will see what I mean.See my reply to Gothincia
    oldtimes

Most sellers are just using a cut and paste and doing their best to transfer items from one site to another. Seems to me it would be a nice thing to just drop the seller a note and let them know instead of running off to report them for policy violation. This community could stand to be a little more friendly when it comes to assisting others.

I took the time to find the auction mentioned above and sent a note to the seller letting them know it would be a good idea to change their info before it was deleted.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apennyforluck View Post
    ...Seems to me it would be a nice thing to just drop the seller a note and let them know instead of running off to report them for policy violation...
    Yes. It would be the 'nice' thing to do. The only problem with being 'nice' in these situations is if someone else reports the listing and eBid pulls it, or spots it themselves and pulls it, the user is going to assume that you reported it. Such is how vendettas are started.

If something bothers you so much then simply report it - else leave eBid to police their own site.

Quote Originally Posted by apennyforluck View Post
    Most sellers are just using a cut and paste and doing their best to transfer items from one site to another. Seems to me it would be a nice thing to just drop the seller a note and let them know instead of running off to report them for policy violation. This community could stand to be a little more friendly when it comes to assisting others.
    Hello Penny for luck
    I did not run off any where to report anyone! I was just posting what I found and this site could not get more friendly if it tried. I have been helped by kind folks as a newcomer and anyway I do not run anymore at my age.
    oldtimes

Well maybe you should reread what I posted. I did not say that you Old Times reported anyone. I suggested that instead of others informing members to report members maybe they could take the time to contact the seller and give them a heads up. Apparently you went to that particular site for a reason. Funny how you found it so easy to run over here and start a forum post instead of just contacting the seller.

This is a very friendly site and the only place I know where members find it necessary to report each other is as you refer to it as the dark side.

Thread Information