Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Affiliate Program

Question Affiliate Program

Apologies if this is old hat

Asked the same question on the "Affiliate thread" but no reply yet.

Has anybody tried to sign up without a website or know if it's possible / acceptable

I'm about to start emailing my customers from the other side and would like to use the link in my emails. Possibly elsewhere in the future....

The idea was get them to sign up & offer them a discount.

Potential buyer wins as they get a discount, I win as I get some money to offset my discount, and Ebid get some FVF and a new member.

If nobody knows the answer I might just try it anyway

Tony

You Have To Laugh ;-)

Forum Lurker
    Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View goldsovereign's Feedback (+7)
    All-About goldsovereign
    View goldsovereign's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bestassets View Post
    Apologies if this is old hat

Asked the same question on the "Affiliate thread" but no reply yet.

Has anybody tried to sign up without a website or know if it's possible / acceptable

I'm about to start emailing my customers from the other side and would like to use the link in my emails. Possibly elsewhere in the future....

The idea was get them to sign up & offer them a discount.

Potential buyer wins as they get a discount, I win as I get some money to offset my discount, and Ebid get some FVF and a new member.

If nobody knows the answer I might just try it anyway

Tony

You Have To Laugh ;-)
    I emailed the organising company asking the same question. Here is there reply. Hope it helps.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Yes you can promote Merchant programs via email. Please add a possible website within your application that you may use in the future.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Yours Sincerely,

Daniel

Customer Care

Tel: USA716) 626-3414 / UK: + 44 01908 847077 / Australia: + 61 2 9006 1225

www.clixGalore.com ........Solutions that boost revenue, sales, leads and customers to your web site.

Smile Thanks 8-)

Thanks for that information. I'll give it a try then

I didn't catch your name @ goldsovereign.

I nearly called you Daniel

Hopefully drag a few people over. I think that once that once people are aware of Ebid, that is half the battle? There's always a chance they'll be back

Cheers
    Tony

You Have To Laugh ;-)

Forum Lurker
    All-About goldsovereign
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=bestassets;787415]Thanks for that information. I'll give it a try then

I didn't catch your name @ goldsovereign.

Its Clive!

Default Signed up - How do we know if it is working?

Thanks Clive

I have signed up successfully ( or so it seems?)

Does anybody know the mechanism of this? The info on the site is a bit painful to read as it seems a lot of the info relates to the Merchants themselves. i.e in this case Ebid.

I know the link writes a "45 day" cookie to the "clickers" machine. I assume that this is what detects them signing up? How do we know if / when that has happened?

Our original idea may not work, as we need this info(?) Also if the person is using another PC it won't be there or if they vigorously use something like AdAware or Spybot, they may just wipe the cookie anyway?

We have put the link on a few listings in the meantime to see if anything happens ....

Tony

You Have To Laugh ;-)

Forum Lurker
    All-About goldsovereign
    Forum Posts

Question over to you Gazza.

[quote=bestassets;794266]Thanks Clive

I have signed up successfully ( or so it seems?)

Does anybody know the mechanism of this? The info on the site is a bit painful to read as it seems a lot of the info relates to the Merchants themselves. i.e in this case Ebid.

I know the link writes a "45 day" cookie to the "clickers" machine. I assume that this is what detects them signing up? How do we know if / when that has happened?

Our original idea may not work, as we need this info(?) Also if the person is using another PC it won't be there or if they vigorously use something like AdAware or Spybot, they may just wipe the cookie anyway?

We have put the link on a few listings in the meantime to see if anything happens ....

Tony

Hi Tony
    Glad to hear you got signed up. I haven't yet........ being techno phobic but will try when I get my brain into gear. Was it an easy process?

As to your questions ......... all I can say is over to you Gazza, can you help Tony and the rest of us please

The problem I'm having is with the e-mail affiliate link. Clicksgalore gives html code for the e-mail link and I can't seem to use that in my e-mail. I need a one line link that I can use in e-mails. Does anyone know how to do this?

And I still can't work out what "deep linking" is.

Morning all. ebid upgrade so I'll spend a few mins here

Morning Clive.

The setup was simple enough, but I did use a web site URL that I have been playing around with on & off for the last few years. I never seem to have time to progress this. The intention is there

Morning *artsbanquet*

Some (most?) email hosts allow HTML enabled email? If you can't enter the code direct, you could try adding in some web authoring software and then just copy & paste the linked image into the email ( in similar fashion to how I enter my banner here and the Bestassets one below )

Failing this, generate the code & pinch the line similar to this which I assume has an ID that is unique to your account..This is mine.

http://www.clixGalore.com/Lead.aspx?...0047&AdID=4023

Interestingly - using these links opens the browser with the address line http://www.ebid.net/?from=clixgalore_uk

I've just reread the FAQ relating to deep linking. It mentions "merchant member home area" and "program maintenance tools" I would read this as the tools available to Ebid as the "Merchant" & not to ourselves as the "Affiliates" Therefore the link cannot be changed. I have seen this mentioned in the forum before & I had a look at it then.

This is my interpretation........ anyway

Tony

You Have To Laugh ;-)

Default Back Already

I'm back already.I obviously have too much time on my hands this morning....

I think I've found the answer to my own questions, after actually spending some time on clixGalore - time I didn't have when I was in a hurry to sign up

Once signed up their is a link to "Member Home" which gives a breakdown of stats. Displays , Clicks etc There is also a "#referred affiliates" which may give the details I wanted, but as nobody has been referred yet I don't know

I think it also confirms the query re deeplinking

As a "by product" it would also act as a rough traffic monitor if I had the link on all my listings

Tony

Hmm

Anybody know if there is way of identifying who signed up as the result of this. I'm struggling to find it on their site?

I sort of feel it can't be done....??

Tony

Thread Information