eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: newbie link help

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well spotted. I'm afraid there isn't a prize.

so it works one rule for one and another for others so long as you are helping ebid thats good i can promote ebid with some help for ebid members then i can link to my site
    Al

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, if you're lucky you can do it temporarily to get over a technical problem without somebody complaining, but the statistics on that one aren't good, so don't hold your breath. If it really bothers you I'll disable the link until I can relocate it on my other site. Will that make you happy? Achieve something good? It's simple enough to do, no problem. ... there you go, done.

Hate to add this Bykimbo but you have had this link on since July before you added the FAQ.and linking ebid
    You are not the only one with links to e-commerced sites even now there are newbies doing it.

Ken still here

think i have started something here

Not at all I find it interesting, when I have looked at members total of 40+ who have e-commerced links some who have been here years who find rules to suit themselfs.

Ken still here
    Last edited by Gayukshop; 26th September 2008 at 11:53 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gayukshop View Post
    Hate to add this Bykimbo but you have had this link on since July before you added the FAQ.and linking ebid
    You are not the only one with links to e-commerced sites even now there are newbies doing it.

Ken still here
    You're completely wrong, I'm afraid. The link I had before went to a different site (albeit one that looked similar, which might have confused you) but is *not* ecommerce enabled. The temporary home is my ecommerce enabled one, and that's what I've disabled until I can get the revamp done and things moved back, which I hope to achieve in the next day or two. The two sites are with different ISPs, on different servers and the information site *cannot* be ecommerce enabled as it's not that class of account. You're mistaken, sorry.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's been suggested to me that you are referring to the link in my "home page" option on the avatar drop down. Is that what you meant? If this is the case, this is a totally different issue from the one being discussed before (links in sigs and on listings) - I've never said that shouldn't be an ecommerce site, and neither has anybody else I've ever seen. This facility is provided by ebid to link to your home page, and at no point have they said it may not be a selling site - however, since it appears to be a matter of contention I'll change it for now until somebody shows me the rule - I've certainly never seen one.

No you have had the same link on your drop down avater since I mentioned in another thread if you where going to put eBid on your website, you replied you will be putting ebid on when you are doing a change to your website, That is going back to beginning of August. And the question Al posted was a general question is links to e-commered sites allowed also had a reply that no where is a link to e-commerced is allpwed, by another member

Still here Ken

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not going to argue with you. You're wrong on just about every count, but you've had a strange determination to pick a fight with me since you first arrived and since I don't understand your attitude, I'm certainly not going to encourage it by joining in.

We can agree to disagree on these issues and if anybody truly believes I'm doing something wrong, please report me to ebid management and I'll get clarification from them.

Thread Information