Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E.Bid Badges - sew on or pin

Default E.Bid Badges - sew on or pin

Does anyone do e.Bid promotional badges or patches? The type to stitch on to jeans or jacket and the pin type with the 'butterfly' clasp or cross over pin on the back?
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

It was another of those lightbulb moments that I get when I should be thinking of something else.

I thought of it as I have a denim jacket that is good 'canvas' for badges and pins and I know a lot of teenagers - especially with the colder weather coming - will wear their jackets (admitted not fastened up) or hoodies - great place to stich a patch onto. They can be put onto gym bags, kit bags, well, anything really.
    Babz

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    It was another of those lightbulb moments that I get when I should be thinking of something else.

I thought of it as I have a denim jacket that is good 'canvas' for badges and pins and I know a lot of teenagers - especially with the colder weather coming - will wear their jackets (admitted not fastened up) or hoodies - great place to stich a patch onto. They can be put onto gym bags, kit bags, well, anything really.
    Teenagers with Ebid advertising on their hoodies etc. We know its COOL, but do they?
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

I think its a good idea, not just teenagers would wear them and anything to help spread the word of this site is worth a go- plus I don't think they would be overly expensive to produce- you can buy bulk badge covers and then just print off the Ebid logo on a circular piece of paper and then insert...

Thinking along the same line- how about keyrings?
    Welcome to my Ebid Store- Live the Dream Art

Check out my feedback on other auction sites by clicking here-

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattyjay View Post

Thinking along the same line- how about keyrings?
    *coughs demurely and glances down*

They would be extremely cheap to produce.
    I have a badge making machine, and was wondering about this a while ago.
    Never got round to taking it any further - machine hasnt even been out of the box yet!
    Maybe one day!

I'm sure that when you have the opportunity to dig out the machine and list a few you'd have quite a few takers.

I'd take it on board, but wouldn't know where to start looking to find equipment for either the sew in patch or badge, nor the pin on type badge.
    Babz

I think it would be a great idea. Maybe you've just opened a market for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    I'm sure that when you have the opportunity to dig out the machine and list a few you'd have quite a few takers.

I'd take it on board, but wouldn't know where to start looking to find equipment for either the sew in patch or badge, nor the pin on type badge.
    The machines are readily available - i bought mine on the other side.
    With all the attachments etc, I spent around £400 on it.

Each badge is cheap to produce, once you get past the initial outlay.
    A friend of mine has one too, and used to use it on the craft fair circuit.
    Did ok that way.
    To sell on-line, top price would be 50p each to keep them competitive.
    By the time materials and fees are taken into it, would be making them for around 10p profit each (including pppay or paypal fees)- I dont really fancy that.
    Although the spin that comes with the machines say you can knock out quite a few in an hour - dont believe them!
    I may get the machine out after Xmas, and give some thought into wholesaling them in batches of 50 or 100.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 26th September 2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling error

Thread Information