Forum Newbie
    Glasgow, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    View vinylscot's Feedback (+12)
    All-About vinylscot
    View vinylscot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Feedback V Sales question from a newbie

Hi,

I've just come over from the darkside, and will be selling vinyl singles and LPs. (I only have one listed at he moment and that was just to test the HTML in the bulk uploader)

Within a couple of weeks I hope to have a few thousand listed, mostly at reasonable buy now prices.

Browsing through the site, there doesn't seem to be a lot of feedback being left - I see reasonably long-time established sellers with hundreds or even thousands of items, who have feedback scores in single figures.

Why is that? - Do eBid buyers tend not to bother with feedback, or is there really that little going on sales-wise?

I'm not expecting my stuff to fly off the shelves; I'd just like to get a handle on what to realistically expect.

I'd appreciate any comments, especially from those with large numbers of listings and low feedback scores.

Thanks

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Vinylscots-Vintage-Record-Bar

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinylscot View Post
    Hi,

I've just come over from the darkside, and will be selling vinyl singles and LPs. (I only have one listed at he moment and that was just to test the HTML in the bulk uploader)

Within a couple of weeks I hope to have a few thousand listed, mostly at reasonable buy now prices.

Browsing through the site, there doesn't seem to be a lot of feedback being left - I see reasonably long-time established sellers with hundreds or even thousands of items, who have feedback scores in single figures.

Why is that? - Do eBid buyers tend not to bother with feedback, or is there really that little going on sales-wise?

I'm not expecting my stuff to fly off the shelves; I'd just like to get a handle on what to realistically expect.

I'd appreciate any comments, especially from those with large numbers of listings and low feedback scores.

Thanks

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Vinylscots-Vintage-Record-Bar
    I used to get feedback for around 80% of my transactions, but just recently this has dropped to aboyut 60%. I'm guessing this is due to more new users unfamiliar with ebids layout.

At the momemt I get feedback at around 70% of my sales.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Between 60% and 70% for me, that's with repeated requests in many cases. I'd be on 800+ fb if everyone had bothered.

Incidentally OP I didn't start with 4000 items, I've gradually built up to that amount. It's also worth noting that many sellers have had long gaps where they didn't sell on eBid. Several people have mentioned that although they signed up x years ago they're only now beginning to sell here.
    Last edited by kedo; 24th September 2008 at 01:45 PM.

Things have improved when i first started it wasnt unusual to go more than a week without a sale.

I keep begging, sending reminders (up to 3 times) and would keep on doing it till I get my "well deserved" feedbacks! I give them as soon as I receive payment... so I expect buyers to post them when they receive their items...

Leslie

Thread Information