eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radio advertising

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    pmsl

if only you knew

i have done more to promote this place than most of you put together

dim and dimmer strike again
    Typical. You try and be constructive only to be confronted with a reply like this. No wonder ebid is struggling with people like this to publicise it. I'm not going to resort to name calling as I would have to stoop down to your level.

I think it's great that we are getting some "nationwide" advertising and I have been surprised at some of the reactions on other threads. On the one hand a number of people have been calling for advertising campaigns, yet now that it has been announced some peeps seem to be very negative about it.

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree advertising is great news but first things first is as said above the site needs to be more stable, not calling Ebid, just pointing out if we get a big rush and it crashes, the new people may not return, first impressions count and all.
    only tonight I was closing a auction and it lead me to someones auction in USA after I clicked edit/close, thankfuly it realised??? and said I was not allowed, but it was very confusing to say the least....not sure if this happend to anyone eles tonight??
    Anyway getting back to OP, every member wants Ebid to be big and we have wanted advertising for so long now but like others said above the last few days has caused concern with the site stability, thats all, if everything is in place I would love to see Ebid on adverts in between the soaps or xfactor etc as well as radio no matter what the station is.
    BIG SALE now on in my Bargain Shop

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle-girls-Shop

Usborne books at home Mummy says its only 5.00 to join till 9th March.
    PM me for details xxx

Quote Originally Posted by opelman View Post
    I notice that the recent announcement regarding radio advertising by Ebid has been ridiculed by people on the forum with comments about the adverts going out on minority stations.
    I have read the statement, and no mention is made as to which stations will be used, so why the negativity? As far as I am concerned any kind of advertising has to be a good thing. Hopefully large commercial stations such as Talk Sport will be targeted.
    I agree with you.
    Yes we might ridicule some peoples posts.
    I have also posted a few funny comments and pictures on other threads, but that is what keeps the forums alive.

All advertising is good but 50% of it is wasted.
    No radio stations have been mentioned as far as I know, but If this was my business then I would be advertising where there was the most exposure at the best price.

Come on Mark & Gazza.

Do it.

I would streak through the forums with Ebid tatooed on my ''naughty bits'', but unfortunately, it has too many letters.

Well good luck to the advertising great boost for eBid
    Amid may be taking the mad influx from past experiance,could be why the system seems to be crashing and running slow and they are working fully to prepare for it.

And opelman Big wecome
    May take some time to work out the forum works here I'm still working on it
    instead of members trying to explain, some seem to forget when they where new,
    And that they have been here since the early days

Proberly get some stick for that now

Good luck Ken

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Typical. You try and be constructive only to be confronted with a reply like this. No wonder ebid is struggling with people like this to publicise it. I'm not going to resort to name calling as I would have to stoop down to your level.
    well thats a typical reply from a newby with no brains

well done

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    well thats a typical reply from a newby with no brains

well done
    As I said, I do not resort to name calling, as it drags us all into the gutter.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I said, I do not resort to name calling, as it drags us all into the gutter.
    yet you typify someone for being honest

5 years i have been here when you have spent not just a few hours but many hundreds of hours TRYING TO SELL EBID TO ANYONE then you can mouth off at me

i have spent 16 hours a day going around different places on net letting people know about ebid

the thanks i got was a 7 day ban because of button pushers on here who come from ebay and see this site should be a exact replica

well wake up because it is not nor never will be like ebay especially when you get the people who hit report for anything button pushers if anything they ruin this place as this turns people off the site ,

i will no longer promote a site that does not listen to me or does not answer emails

and to quote gaz all because i lost my temper because they would not answer my emails in the first place ?

my t shirts are well and truly binned as are quite a few other items

poor customer service by not answering emails will be ebids downfall
    as the site grows

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

heres some advertising that ebid is getting

cashgangnet (822 ) View Listings | Report 30-08-08 04:55 BST 4 of 26 Ebid is a fraud site.
    They cash your £50 for a sellers account and then remove listings because they "think" they breach their policies.
    Their support gets cheaky and have lots of fun doing that.
    My listings were all removed allthough other sellers sell the same items. I complained via email mentioning the other similar items and was told
    "Thank you for the information. Please can you use the Auction patrol button on listing pages to report infringements. This speeds up the process. Thank you"
    That was months ago - the listings are still for sale on the site.
    I wanted to complain by writing a real letter, but they would not give out their address.
    Nowhere on the website is a postal address.

It is better to stay with ebay than moving to that fraudelent site.
    I just noticed they are selling on ebid Adobe CS3 Master Collection for £199.97!
    10 Photoshop CS3 Extended for £7 starting bid - no reserve.

How stupid are these ebid people?

Thread Information