eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thread GONE but not DEAD, Who chooses ?

Default Thread GONE but not DEAD, Who chooses ?

I posted an interesting piece on a thread I had on here, early hours this morning.
    Now that has been deleted or taken off

The post was just pointing out the amount of threads and post that have links in them to other ecommerce web sites and other auction sites
    This was made clear to me over my thread/post that it is not allowed
    and against the rules
    I did leave a link on but was not my original post looks to me that some can be choosey what stays what goes whats repoted and what is'nt

Just like to hear back from members on this subject

Cheers for looking still hear and on a mission Ken

Forum Saint
    View FairMaiden's Feedback (+600)
    All-About FairMaiden
    View FairMaiden's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Ken,

Man on a mission

You go, girl

Are the group forums managed by themselfs, Like a group leader or members of a group who moniter and do there own policeing of there group forums.
    Just a question it may seem a odd one and just wondered

Forum Saint
    All-About FairMaiden
    Forum Posts

Not sure Ken, but I think more or less yes.

I know the ebid team are brilliant and step in very quickly when alerted to any problems on the boards. They are very fair and efficient.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ken. I think it is self-policing and a thread goes if it is pulled by the OP, or if it is reported by an ebidder. Don't know who verifies that the thread should be pulled once a report button has been pushed, or, how many button pushes are needed to make a thread be pulled. (I also think, but I am not sure, that the forums are a bought in service, in a simlar way to those on eB-y, and are run by other than the eBid management - this, again I think, explains why often you can get into the Forums, but not eBid itself.)

Would be nice to hear other comments from members Just trying to understand how it works.
    this is the first forum I'v ever suscribed to in the way I have. Been on forums and blogs for promoting purpose.
    looked thoughe several group forum on here try get a understanding on them

I'll wait and see Ken

Forum Saint
    All-About FairMaiden
    Forum Posts

Glad youre posting Ken - the more the merrier

It can be very boring on here. I wish some of the threads were a little more adventureous, but thats just me

I am waiting to see what comments are put before I put the "lost thread" back in which is intresting andI would say not boring maybe some are fed up with the subject But wait and see

As before Ken on a mission

Well this one is still going don't know for how much longer
    Still would be nice to get some more comments

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gayukshop View Post
    Well this one is still going don't know for how much longer
    Still would be nice to get some more comments
    I'm not sure why you want more comments, as I think you've already got the answer to the question you asked? However, if it will help: I believe that the forums are pretty much left to their own devices until somebody reports a post using the little yellow report button. This then goes to the powers that be, and they decide what to do about it. If the person reported is considered to have over-stepped the mark their post will be deleted. If it's felt the thread has gone beyond the point of no return they seem to dump the whole thing. If somebody really pushes their luck, they get suspended. If they get suspended repeatedly they get longer suspensions until they are banned for life.

None of this is documented, but it's what is apparent from using the forums. I can't swear to any of it.

I suspect that if somebody gets several reports in a short period, TPTB probably take a quick look to see what else s/he's been up to.

What I don't know is what they do about malicious reporting. If somebody gets reported several times for no fault of their own, I would *expect* that the reporter would find themselves in hot-water, but as that would be invisible to the public and they would be unlikely to come back and tell us, we can only surmise.

In the end, the forums work how the forums work and there's little point, in my opinion, in expending large amounts of energy worrying about it - just learn the ropes and live with it, I reckon.

Thread Information