eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Fees For Life Special Offer ?

Default No Fees For Life Special Offer ?

Hi,

Sorry -- I inadvertently closed my previous thread.

I have been a buyer/seller on eBay for a long time. Due to all the recent and upcoming changes I can't stand to be there anymore as a seller.

That's why I've just registered with eBid.

I will be upgrading my account to Seller Status shortly. I noticed that eBid has a limited, one time offer to pay a set fee ($45) and you will never be charged listing or final value fees for life !!!

I don't understand how this could be possible. Am I reading this correctly ?

One response I got was that after your up front FVF fees are used up you then only get charged a FVF of 2% forever (?)

Could someone give me more details please ?

JIM

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Jim and welcome. You can go delete the other thread if you wish. To answer you - if you sign up for seller + lifetime, you can list and sell for free - no listing fees, no FVF fees, forever.
    If you want to use a gallery picture on your listings there is a 2% FVF.
    Also, if you take a look at the fees and options you can have various extras on your listings - more pictures, list at the top of the page, happy hour auctions, bold, etc. All these items have small fees that are laid out for you.
    But you will have the option to list and sell for free forever.
    One note - most sellers here have found the gallery picture does enhance the listing and it's selling potential and feel the 2% fee is well worth it. And check your defaults - you can set your auctions to any option there.

Is it a 2% FVF per picture ? Can you put multiple pictures for just 2% ?

I just answered my own question -- extra pictures are 5 cents.

All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

However, if you host your own pictures - say by using photobucket or similar - you can put extra pictures in your description without paying extra photo fees.

I do use Photobucket. I assume you just point to the web address of the picture on Photobucket ? However, my Photobucket albums are all Private. Would I have to make them Public ?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glassonion View Post
    Hi,

Sorry -- I inadvertently closed my previous thread.

I have been a buyer/seller on eBay for a long time. Due to all the recent and upcoming changes I can't stand to be there anymore as a seller.

That's why I've just registered with eBid.

I will be upgrading my account to Seller Status shortly. I noticed that eBid has a limited, one time offer to pay a set fee ($45) and you will never be charged listing or final value fees for life !!!

I don't understand how this could be possible. Am I reading this correctly ?

One response I got was that after your up front FVF fees are used up you then only get charged a FVF of 2% forever (?)

Could someone give me more details please ?

JIM
    It's $49.99 seller+ lifetime membership - listing is free and you only pay 2% FVF when your item sells (if you use gallery auction). You will, however, be charged a small fee if you add any of the enhanced options ie bold etc. You also get 5 free stores and you can list as much as you want, whenever you want, for as long as you want and have a relist option of upto 10x - not only that, you also have control of your payment methods too

Just use the direct link from photobucket and position and add it into your description area. I think anyone that clicks on an image for the 'properties' will see the url so I'm guessing your images won't be as private in that respect.

~Jan~

All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glassonion View Post
    I do use Photobucket. I assume you just point to the web address of the picture on Photobucket ? However, my Photobucket albums are all Private. Would I have to make them Public ?
    You can use your photobucket pictures and still be private. Putting them up here won't affect that.

as the others have said you cant go far wrong using gallery (and at 2% it still cheaper than "elsewhere")..... a lot of people tend to skip over auctions that don't have the thumbnail along side your listing... it's an extra click to see the item and there are a lot of lazy people around

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    as the others have said you cant go far wrong using gallery (and at 2% it still cheaper than "elsewhere")..... a lot of people tend to skip over auctions that don't have the thumbnail along side your listing... it's an extra click to see the item and there are a lot of lazy people around
    Totally agree with that, I'm lazy to look at an auction if there is no gallery pic so I just move on

~Jan~

Thread Information