Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: EX Ebay SELLER / BUYER POLL

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will NOT SELL on Ebay under their current SELLERS NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK rules

24 46.15%
  • I was an Ebay SELLER

43 82.69%
  • I was an Ebay BUYER

26 50.00%
  • I Have Left Ebay FOREVER ( Well Maybe )

23 44.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EX Ebay ? Buyer / Seller ~ COUNT

Forum Newbie
    All-About eleganttreasures
    View eleganttreasures's Listings
    Forum Posts

I still have a couple of items selling on ebay some Aboriginal Art helping out a young fella but I still need to make some bucks....and I too put a message in my packages when I send them inviting people to ebid as a buyer or seller

great minds think alike and obviously there are alot of great minds in here and in ebay I think that its just a matter of time before this place in hopping...check out my pricing please someone...this is my lively hood and I think they are fair for the work that goes into my items....

I was a buyer and small seller on the darkside. I closed my store in January and haven't listed since and probably never will again. I did just buy some much needed printer ink from there last week only because they didn't have my brand listed here.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimllwaxit View Post
    I no longer sell on ebay on this I/D, I sell a little on my wifes I/D though. I only list dead certs over there though and include an ebid flyer and a "special 5% off your 1st purchase from me on ebid" offer.
    I have opened a store on here, (special thanks to Trina Karen Mille Jamboree Designer Auctions and Gothicina for loadsa help), and I'm sure as more disgruntled ebay sellers move over this site will grow in leaps & bounds.
    If anyone is interested please take a mo to look at my store (i.e item # 1213772907-14494-0) I would welcome any feedback and/or advise.

Thanks, Jim :-)
    Aaah Jim.

Thanks will take my curtsey now.
    I didnt do much, only nosed around in your previous greedbay listings, sent the links to Gothchina, who then came up with the fantastic design for your shop banner / template.

Love your restored Antique furniture, shame I have not got a big enough house for them.

You also need to add your link shop link ( the one below ) to all your posts, so us nosey peeps can take a look at what you have on offer.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Jims-Resto...s-and-Antiques

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could see that greedbay were evolving into an Internet Mall, changes being done were not to the benefit of the existing sellers.

I decided to use greedbay while establishing myself on Ebid, gaining trust in the buyers here. I now have the bulk of my items here.

With each change made on the greedbay site, I have found I am getting more & more sales here. now I have the main bulk of my listings on Ebid with a keeping a few on greedbay here & then until I can move away completely.

Flyers go into every greedbay sale advertising Ebid.
    I have also put links to my listings of some of the sellers who have moved here from greedbay.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...igner-Auctions

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...ntage-clothing

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...e-Collectibles

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...tage-Bookstore

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...Vintage-Crafts

Forum Newbie
    View jimllwaxit's Feedback (+2312)
    All-About jimllwaxit
    View jimllwaxit's Listings
    Forum Posts

OOO, I've just been told how to add a link to my Store! (I think?)

Heres hoping??

Forum Newbie
    All-About jimllwaxit
    Forum Posts

Oops, sorry Trina, didn't see you up there! xx

I do occasionally buy from feebay these days. I do check here first of course . I haven't tried to sell on there for some time now.
    Jay's Emporium - Dowsing Pendulums, Tarot Sets, Runes, Books...

Forum Newbie
    All-About jimllwaxit
    Forum Posts

Since greedbay "legalised" shill bidding over there I have not, or will not buy on there. (excepy maybe the odd BIN.)

I haven't listed there since I realised that the fees were only just being covered by the books being sold.

I haven't bought anything over there since they started the bidder1 thing, I just don't feel comfortable with it.

Talking of looking for things. Has anyone got an Athlon 1600+ CPU Socket A that they can sell me? There is one listed that I rather liked (a 2800+) and I've asked a question on it, but the seller is ignoring me :/ . I only asked the question because I really do not want to pay for something only to have the seller not really here, I wanted to know that they are watching their account. No reply.

So...if anyone has one can they please let me know? Sorry about the thread hijack...

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks all for your posts, it is really interesting to see how the numbers are panning out, one thing that is very apparent is the animosity that ebay have generated with their stupidity and from your comments can fully understand any actions that some have taken as a stance against ebays policies.
    It will be interesting to see how many read this thread and whilst it is only a percentage of the actual figures it can be seen how folk actually feel about just how bad the bad points of ebay really are and just how good the comparative policies here on ebid actually are.
    The one thing that is obviously missing is any praise whatsoever for that shower on the other side and quite the reverse on here, from reading other threads it is good to see that sales are generally on the up and that the increase in the listings numbers certainly are rocketing and in turn that will increase sales.
    57.14% of the posts on this thread appear to have been buyers on the other side so we cannot say there are no buyers, law of averages, the buyers will increase with increase in numbers of new members.
    Keep posting guys n' gals ~ Please !

Thread Information