Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No Automated Feedback Request!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think some people are overreacting to this. Yes it is a bad idea. A view that seems to be generally shared by those who have voiced an opinion.

However on past performance eBid listens to its users. If they sense there is a tide of opinion against the idea they will likely modify or get rid of it (they even got rid of the flashing R's eventually ). It's a bit early to start closing listings, shutting up shops and generally throwing toys out of prams.

Give the team chance to take the views on board and state their intentions.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will risk suspension by doing a cut and paste

"Hi,

The emails won't be coming from you, they will be sent as from eBid.

There is no opt-out currently, if it becomes apparent that one is needed we will look into it."

so the damage will be done first?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I will risk suspension by doing a cut and paste

"Hi,

The emails won't be coming from you, they will be sent as from eBid.

There is no opt-out currently, if it becomes apparent that one is needed we will look into it."

so the damage will be done first?

That's the same response I got that I reported earlier. Why on earth would you be suspended for reporting it?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    That's the same response I got that I reported earlier. Why on earth would you be suspended for reporting it?
    one is generally discouraged from cutting & pasting emails
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

That sure stirred a few emotions, don't panic. ID != AY , some people tend to forget sometimes and fly off as if it is the latest in a long line of beligerent management decisions made by fools who haven't a clue what their customers want. We do, have always and always will listen as anyone who has been here a while will be able to tell you.

We get lots of requests for an automated feedback reminder to help zero buyers and sellers get off the ground. Taking these requests on board we created one to send out a brief email saying "if you want to leave feedback here's a link", the email wasnt to be addressed as FROM the other party, the plan was to send these emails out once a week picking up any reminders that had not been sent before due to the amount sent out the time before. A reminder would not be sent more than once.

If its not needed we will turn it off or make it optional, time will tell as it does with every new feature, change or update.

Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 12th March 2009 at 10:56 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Gazza, good to hear that the original announcement was either wrong, or the plan's been down-graded, so that it's only sent once now. That's an improvement. I'd still prefer to see it entirely optional. Some buyers can be surprisingly touchy about this subject and I don't see any merit in risky annoying my customers. If others prefer to send reminders and find that works for them, then let them choose that option.

I would respectfully suggest that people are a bit sensitive because of what normally happens over there, and because they were hoping that it would be different over here.

When a change is suddenly imposed, is compulsory, and could be disastrous in terms of repeat sales, and their feedback health, of course they're going to get upset.

Thanks for letting us know that there may be a change to an opt-out, I'll keep a close eye on the announcements for when I can start putting my shops and auctions back together again. Until then, I think I'll hold off, I rather like my feedback the way it is, and definitely do not agree with spamming customers.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    That sure stirred a few emotions, don't panic. ID != AY , some people tend to forget sometimes and fly off as if it is the latest in a long line of beligerent management decisions made by fools who haven't a clue what their customers want. We do, have always and always will listen as anyone who has been here a while will be able to tell you.

We get lots of requests for an automated feedback reminder to help zero buyers and sellers get off the ground. Taking these requests on board we created one to send out a brief email saying "if you want to leave feedback here's a link", the email wasnt to be addressed as FROM the other party, the plan was to send these emails out once a week picking up any reminders that had not been sent before due to the amount sent out the time before. A reminder would not be sent more than once.

If its not needed we will turn it off or make it optional, time will tell as it does with every new feature, change or update.

Gazza
    Sorry for being dim, are you saying that they will only be sent 1 reminder for feedback, or as per your update post 1 reminder every 7 days?

I think it should be optional or binned. The reason being is because eBid is only supposed to be a venue and not to get involved with the transaction it's self. By sending automated emails about feedbak this is in my opinion interfering with the transaction.
    Yes they are eBids customers, but they are also and mainly the sellers customers. eBid should not IMO send emails about a transaction.

Will eBid be sending them to people who have brought from the adult section? well if they are then I think that admin had better read what some adult sellers state about not wanting feedback.

Sorry Gazza it's a bad idea and needs binning or being mde optional for the seller / buyer. I would prefer it to be binned

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouse Trap View Post
    and if the customer is pestered every week, they might give negative Feedback just to get rid of the recurring emails
    What would happen if you got three of these?
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Sorry Gazza it's a bad idea and needs binning or being mde optional for the seller / buyer. I would prefer it to be binned
    I'd actually prefer optional, even though I'd never use it. Choice is good, and I see no need to deprive the minority who've said they'd like it. Now it's been enabled, it seems a shame to completely throw it away, just give us a choice.

Thread Information