eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ninja lister question

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is no 'upload button'.

Select the item(s) you wish to post to eBid and click the 'Add Selected to Good to Go' button (or right-click and select 'Add to Good to Go'.

When you are ready to upload click the large 'Good to Go (n)' button and select 'Upload Good to Go Auctions'.

I did it !!!!!!!! only thing I have to work out now is how to get them to go in the shop in NL, thanks for your help astral................... ehhhhh it's good to talk

I have the entire process on video.

Did it 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I have the entire process on video.

Did it 2 weeks ago.
    well how do you get your items to go straight in your shop please, I am having to edit every listing

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    well how do you get your items to go straight in your shop please, I am having to edit every listing
    Use the same format as the Bulk Upload feature in the Store Cat. field...

{storeid:}storecategory

e.g. 1:2a 2:1b 3:5a (note the colon separating the store id from the store category id)

If you have imported lots and they belong in different stores then it may be worth splitting them into separate auction sets for each store/category and editing one and then using the Copy Field to All function.
    Last edited by astral276; 7th May 2010 at 09:11 PM.

Hi Mel, I never used the bulk uploader, but will give it a go tomorrow and if it does not work then well I will give in and do them manualy.
    I have wasted two days on it now.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Hi Mel, I never used the bulk uploader, but will give it a go tomorrow and if it does not work then well I will give in and do them manualy.
    I have wasted two days on it now.
    Fine. I was trying to help you to use it; not force you to use it. Everything new has a learning curve involved, but if you are finding it too steep then maybe better off sticking to what you are happy and comfortable with.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

If it's any help buttons, I printed off each of my store's details & category numbers for reference when using Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Fine. I was trying to help you to use it; not force you to use it. Everything new has a learning curve involved, but if you are finding it too steep then maybe better off sticking to what you are happy and comfortable with.
    Oh Mell I didn't mean I was not gratefull for your help, it has helped me with it a lot talking to you. I am going to try again later today

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Oh Mell I didn't mean I was not gratefull for your help, it has helped me with it a lot talking to you. I am going to try again later today
    It's OK.I hadn't 'got the hump'. It maybe didn't read as it was intended.

I simply meant that if you felt the time and effort expended in learning to use the NL was not justified then it may be wise to know when to quit.

NL is not intuitive - as good software should be. It introduces the concepts of 'buckets' and 'good to go' without explanation.

It also requires you to use the construct of {storeid:}storecategory to allocate items into stores when it could easily read your store setup from eBid and present them to you in human readable form via a drop-down list (as it does when listing manually). That is fine for the Bulk Upload spreadsheet as there is no two way communication when using that. There is with NL. It manages to update the eBid category list so why not your store configuration(s)?

Thread Information