Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    Perhaps after each new updated version of NL all the posts should be deleted and started again with suggestions, it might make it easier for Gazza and the rest of us to see new suggestions for the latest version and hopefully they will get fewer and fewer
    I'd suggest a variation on that. Close the thread and start a new one with the version number in the title.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Is the NL supposed to be able to import data exported from eBid?

Have tried on my exported data and get the error:

What is that supposed to mean? My NL setting is for UK and all listings were created and exist on the UK site.
    Found where the problem resides with this. It is in the description field of listing: http://uk.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?...503&mo=auction

No idea what within that is causing the error though.

Delete that one description from the export file and everything else loads in a flash.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Hmmm... NL really doesn't like my old listing template...

Makes a right pig's ear of displaying it.

Arrow New Bug? (Newly discovered anyhow... in NL)

Hi everyone!

I love all the discussions happening here around NL and the very helpful workaround feedback. Thank you for that!

I have an issue that I did not see reported (though I could have certainly missed it).

Here is what I am doing:

1. Download the bulk upload template from Ebid.
    2. Edit the template in Excel to autofill most fields.
    3. Go into NL (.94) and import the 1000 listings.

NOTE: I failed here previously with the issue "initializing" at 0%. That was worked around by removing the first line of the file.

4. Go to take a look at my first listing and see that in the description field, I just have <CENTER> which is the very first HTML tag in my description field; however, everything else from my description field in Excel is gone.

NOTE: I have pre-populated all of my listings with HTML in the description field so that I only have to go in and edit the title / Plot Summary area of my listing (DVD's)

If I open the listing editor then I am able to succesfully switch to Source View and paste the HTML, then list it succesfully,

It is important to note that if I have NO HTML in the description field it imports the complete description fine. I am going to test today to see if this has to do with a carraige return, EOL or anything else. I'll let you guys know later .

Quote Originally Posted by otakusource View Post
    Hi everyone!

I love all the discussions happening here around NL and the very helpful workaround feedback. Thank you for that!

I have an issue that I did not see reported (though I could have certainly missed it).

Here is what I am doing:

1. Download the bulk upload template from Ebid.
    2. Edit the template in Excel to autofill most fields.
    3. Go into NL (.94) and import the 1000 listings.

NOTE: I failed here previously with the issue "initializing" at 0%. That was worked around by removing the first line of the file.

4. Go to take a look at my first listing and see that in the description field, I just have <CENTER> which is the very first HTML tag in my description field; however, everything else from my description field in Excel is gone.

NOTE: I have pre-populated all of my listings with HTML in the description field so that I only have to go in and edit the title / Plot Summary area of my listing (DVD's)

If I open the listing editor then I am able to succesfully switch to Source View and paste the HTML, then list it succesfully,

It is important to note that if I have NO HTML in the description field it imports the complete description fine. I am going to test today to see if this has to do with a carraige return, EOL or anything else. I'll let you guys know later .
    Since these are tab separated csv files (I believe) I would wonder if there is not perhaps an extra Tab in the description field (tabs are invisible characters you won't see.. ) that might be the cause of some file corruption..

if a description contains tab values in it then NL could be seeing it as the end of the description field, and since description is the last field , it ignores or drops the rest, and moves on to the next line..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Right, thats exactly what I was thinking . I am going to try a workaround when I get home from my lunch meeting of taking my "template" html and importing it to notepad, removing all spaces and then placing that into the Excel description field. NL should then read it as not having the tab (which I suspect was placed there instead of the EOL char).

p.s. If anyone wants a way to take the contents of a cell in excel, copy it into a variable, add that to a constant string and then copy the modified string back into Excel, let me know . An Example of this would be to go and have a weight field that contained the weight in 0.0.0 format (lb/oz). You wanted to modify 1000 rows to show the ebid format (?#.#*#.#.#*...). This will go in, copy the wieght, place it in Ebid format and then replace the cells contents.

Tried out NL for the first time by uploading 2 auctions. Both seemed to go without a hitch but when I checked I found my descriptions are nowhere to be seen.

Auction numbers:

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waynemanor1953 View Post
    Tried out NL for the first time by uploading 2 auctions. Both seemed to go without a hitch but when I checked I found my descriptions are nowhere to be seen.

Auction numbers:

I can see descriptions on both.

Suggest that you view source..

They might be hidden within html tags of some type .. all my listings that are uploaded, are missing background because somehow a quote mark got stripped from the listing html code.. so my background image is not showing up, evidently ..

It's fixed now because I went and made a copy of the image and named it header_bg.gif" (note the ending doublequote mark ..) which allows my background to be loaded correctly in the page, however there's still the issue of the quotes being stripped out of the html code , so Im sure other people may end up experiencing the same thing .. and may not be able to fix it as I did, since I'm sure not everyone has their own dedicated server/hosting account where they can "hack" things like that to work..

Note: I did indeed verify that all listings in question DO show the correct quote marks on the html code in both ninjalister "editing" panel , and my original template/source code.. so somewhere between NL uploading the listings, and the listings being processed and inserted, something has stripped out the quote mark..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I can see descriptions on both.
    Ahhhh... Correction.

Description shows using Firefox.

Does not show in IE7 or Google Chrome.

Thread Information