PDA

View Full Version : Ebid requesting credit card info

stitchbasic
13th March 2006, 06:28 PM
Hi, I have been with ebid many months now, and have always had my credit card registered with them and they have regularly taken the monthly payment

I receive this month a message saying we have tried to take the payment but your card is not registered, and now when I log in, my account is suspended.

The Credit card still has 8 months to run before expiry date, but I can find nowhere in my account details anything of what was previously entered. Has this information been Lost?

Can someone point me in the right direction, as to me entering this information once is enough, and do not feel inclined to enter it all again.

Help really needed please as to where to find my credit card details that I have already registered.

ropegg
13th March 2006, 06:46 PM
I suggest you write to eBid support -- support@ebid.tv -- and tell them what has happened.

You should receive a ticket number in a very short time and they will probably answer you by the next day.

It is probably something that can be sorted out by them fairly easy and good luck.

stitchbasic
13th March 2006, 07:06 PM
Thankyou for that . I now have a Ticket Number and will let you know what there response is. My thoughts are that they have lost the info somehow as it has been OK taking payments in the past.
Thankyou for your advice
Vince

Anichka54
13th March 2006, 07:42 PM
Hi, I have been with ebid many months now, and have always had my credit card registered with them and they have regularly taken the monthly payment

I receive this month a message saying we have tried to take the payment but your card is not registered, and now when I log in, my account is suspended.

The Credit card still has 8 months to run before expiry date, but I can find nowhere in my account details anything of what was previously entered. Has this information been Lost?

Can someone point me in the right direction, as to me entering this information once is enough, and do not feel inclined to enter it all again.

Help really needed please as to where to find my credit card details that I have already registered.
Hi, This sounds genuine as you can't get into your account & you've done the right thing contacting support, but if anyone gets an email asking for personal information, never reply to the email or click on any links in it, instead go to the site in question & ask them if they sent the email.
I had a couple of emails saying the same thing in the past & were supposedly from 'the other side' i wrote to them as i knew my card was valid & they assured me the email wasn't from them & my account was up to date.
I know of other people that have had similar scamming emails.
Please be careful if you receive anything like this.
Regards, Ann.

stitchbasic
14th March 2006, 12:26 PM
Hi, yes we must all be aware of the scammers out there, but I have received a reply which is

Thanks for your account looks fine our end, we have sent you a password
reminder, please try again now and check your card number registered by
loging into your myeBid and selecting mysubscriptions

and yet today when I log in again, the header on my subscriptions still says credit card not valid, and on the subscriptions page there are no details registered for my card.

I dont mind re-entering the information if I could darn well have a reminder as to which card account I used originally (I have 4), but there is no information at all. If its lost all well and good and I will start again, but to receive a reply that says there is not a problem, and to log back in to find its exactly the same as it was before, beggers belief

I am leaving this alone until they try to take the payment again next month, and then in reply I will send them their email saying there is nothing wrong.

Yours
Bewildered of Nottinghamshire

stitchbasic
14th March 2006, 12:31 PM
THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN. . . .

Message is "we have tried to take the payment 10 times and failed, therefore we are degrading your account from Gold to Bronze, and restricting your selling rights"

And on the same day they send me an email saying everything is ok ???????

Yours
Angrily Bewildered of Nottinghamshire

buttons-and-bows
14th March 2006, 01:17 PM
Hi, I thought you said earlier that the card had 8 mths to run, so why not look at your cards see what one has 8 months left on it and re enter it to see if it works. It could be that the information about your card has gone through some sort of glitch. the other way you can find out what card you used it to look at the statements and you should be able to spot any payments that have come out for ebid.
hope this helps. good luck with it.

buttons-and-bows
14th March 2006, 01:50 PM
Oh sorry it seems i was a bit late with the above suggestions, as you seem to have it sorted now as i see your auctions are on the site.
B&B